Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Allergy stickers/pins?

Do I have any chance at finding these in a brick & mortar store?? Ds2 has multiple food allergies, & we are flying out of state for a month. I don't necessarily need to have it for our trip; but it may come in handy. I do plan on getting some stickers made up for when we are out and about from cafepress...

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Allergy stickers/pins?

I have seen bracelets (the rubber/flexible fundraiser type) with allergy info on them.

Here you go.

Last edited by AfWife8405; 06-20-2012 at 11:20 PM.
AfWife8405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't found any in brick and mortar stores, but there are lots of options online. And if you have a t-shirt, screen press or trophy type place around you- you might be able to get badges or pins made.

Here's a cute shirt site http://specialchildren.about.com/gi/...ucts/index.htm

Have you seen this one- its got buttons and stickers http://specialchildren.about.com/gi/...lergyShirtShop

we got our bracelet from here http://www.medicalidstore.com/store/...Yes&Thumbs=150 . The plate has rings on both side so it attaches with clamps on both sides of the bracelets so its easily transferred to another bracelet. Now that dd is older her grandma made her a bunch of beaded bracelets with clamps on both sides so she has a bracelet to match almost everything she owns. MIL went a bit over board- she seriously has 25 bracelets. We have 2 plates that came with the 2 bracelets we bought.

There are also several places you can get "I carry an epipen" patches from online if want them. DD wanted a epipen carrying case that didn't label itself as such. We haven't gotten yet, but have to order one before she starts school in Sept.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum
Do I have any chance at finding these in a brick & mortar store?? Ds2 has multiple food allergies, & we are flying out of state for a month. I don't necessarily need to have it for our trip; but it may come in handy. I do plan on getting some stickers made up for when we are out and about from cafepress...
I got DD the alergbling bracket. It is like the rubber brackets mentioned. But you can get little buttons to Put on it for the allergies. I got mine off amazon , but there is a place that sells them and individual buttons online.

Here is the link

http://www.laurenshope.com/products/...rgy-alert-band

ETA: the buttons fit on crocs, and crocks has some nicer brackets/necklaces For them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 06-21-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks- I like the shirts! I think I may get one of those puff paints and write on a shirt in the meantime.
The allerbling one won't work- he has more than 3 allergies.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you can't find the shirts, stickers or bracelets at a B&M - you could get the blank sticker paper and print your own. It doesn't have to be fancy, I have an allermate bracelet for DS2 but found that my own stickers that just said "NO PEANUTS" worked way better.

kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote