Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #21
Kap7270
Registered Users

Re: How did you know you wanted 3?

I can't say that I've ever dwelled on it, but I can see how it would be nice to have another sibling. My sister and I love each other lots but there are times when we drive each other crazy - after our parents are gone, it would be nice to have someone else who really knows both of us for an impartial opinion (husbands are pretty biased!)

Advertisement

Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #22
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap7270
I can't say that I've ever dwelled on it, but I can see how it would be nice to have another sibling. My sister and I love each other lots but there are times when we drive each other crazy - after our parents are gone, it would be nice to have someone else who really knows both of us for an impartial opinion (husbands are pretty biased!)
Lol. In a perfect world this would happen. But I find out of 4 siblings we are not impartial about anything. Lol!!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #23
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are done. We have a boy and girl now (DS is 3 months, DD is almost 4). DD is just starting to be able to do more becuase she is more independent. I honestly cant' imagine going through the baby phase a 3rd time. I am a little sad I probably wont ever be pregnant again. I didn't really realize that when I was pg with DS.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #24
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i get sad thinking about not being prego again. but no matter what (whehter this is it or one more), i still will have that feeling again. i just love having the little bean inside of me-squirming around. I just really enjoy being pregnant. But i don't want that to be the reason we have 3-i want 3 because both my husband and i feel we want one more. we'll see in a few months how everything goes. i just go back and forth...i see people with just one sibling and they are happy and then i talk to someone who just wishes they had more siblings. i just want to do what's best for my kids while still keeping some of my sanity!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #25
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just did. I was very scared. Once we lost our third pregnancy I had a hole. I'm going to hold my rainbow baby in December. I know that this is exactly what I wanted
Old 07-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just did. I was very scared. Once we lost our third pregnancy I had a hole. I'm going to hold my rainbow baby in December. I know that this is exactly what I wanted
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I knew after my first, that we weren't done and if DH said otherwise, we were going to have to battle it out. Like I would be insanely jealous of any family with two kids in at the store. After my second, I didn't feel that crazy. I felt like, "it would be nice to have another, but if it doesn't happen, I can be satisfied." We got a dog when DD2 was not quite 2 and I thought, "wow, my family is so complete!"

Now, 18 mos later, I'm not so sure we're done. DH always said he'd get the V after our second child was born. He's now totally reluctant beyond the usual man can't call his doctor BS. Every couple of months the topic comes up. Sometimes it's "I'm so glad we're beyond bottles and diapers." Sometimes it's "I wish we made more money, I would have another baby."

Seeing as how I didn't tolerate any hormonal BC and DH doesn't want to commit to the V, it may be just a matter of "wait and see."
Old 07-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #28
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When DH and I got married, he wanted 5 and I wanted 2. Once we had DD, we totally flip-flopped and I wanted 5 and he wanted 2!

As soon as I had DD, I wanted another one right away and we got pg again when she was 9 months. After DS1 was born, I knew I definitely wanted more, but didn't have that crazy, "I must have another baby STAT!" feeling. We decided to have at least one more (maybe two), but with a bigger age gap this time.

We didn't start TTC again until DS1 was 2.5 and with that big gap, I was actually thinking we might never get around to having another one and I was alright with it. Now that DS2 is here, I'm having that crazy feeling again, though. Luckily, DH wants to try for another girl so we will be having another baby at some point (we'd like DS2 and the next baby to be fairly close together). I'm almost dreading it though (which is weird, since I'm also feeling like i want to be pregnant NOW)....I definitely want another one, but I'm worried I'll be devastated once the baby is born and I'll know I won't be pregnant again because DH says we'll be DONE after 4. But he also says he's not getting a V right away after the 4th one is born, so I guess I can still hope we'll have oops, right?!

I know we should stop with 4, because I side with previous posters....I know money doesn't buy happiness, but I don't want our children to want for anything. But if we had unlimited resources, I'd probably want 15 babies or so! I just hope that after #4 comes along, I have that "done" feeling. I'm worried I'll never have it and that I'll always feel a twinge of jealousy when I see pregnant women or newbies.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #29
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i also worry that i'll always feel that twinge of jealousy when i see pregnant women and newbies. no matter how many kids i have, i think i'll always feel that way. i just love being pregnant :-)
Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbert921 View Post
i also worry that i'll always feel that twinge of jealousy when i see pregnant women and newbies. no matter how many kids i have, i think i'll always feel that way. i just love being pregnant :-)
I don't know that I "love" being pregnant, but I get a touch of jealousy when I find out someone just had their baby... that's so horrible right?

I knew after we had our 2nd that we had to at least have another baby... We started trying again after dd2 had weaned at about 14mo... No idea why I had such bad baby fever when I pretty much still had a baby... People ask how many kids we plan to have and if we plan to try for a boy (We will have 3 girls in Oct.) I just tell them we'll see what God has planned...
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote