Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dd gets up too early! Help!!!

Dd is 25 mo. She has a consistent bed and nap time schedule. Bed between 8-8:30, naps at 11:00- usually 1:00.
The girl keeps getting up at about 5:45/6 am every morning. Her room stays pretty dark. Is there anything I can do to encourage her to sleep in a bit more!? Even when I have kept her up later she still gets up early. Im due in august and this will kill me.

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried white noise? My 27 month old has a box fan on medium running every night. She spent the night at my mom's without it and woke up at 6:30 and she usually sleeps until 8-9. They also make time to get up clocks for kids. Like you set it for what time they can get up and a light or something comes on so they know it's ok to get up then.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

She sleeps with a loud fan on high.
Do u think 25 mo is too young for the clock thing? I mean, she would probably get it of she woke up too early and i came in and pointed to it and explained. Im sure she would not like it and cry for awhile though...
Sometimes I try to take her into bed with me, too, and that doesnt work.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dd gets up too early! Help!!!

A the clock light I have hear on. Not sure how I works. My oldest would crawl in bed with me & sleep a bit more in the am as our special time. Do u wear out in day? That helped me with my oldest.... going outsides & play or 4 a little while in winter I would I know it sounds bad but played fetch in house with her.... roll ball & her go get & bring back & repeat til out.....
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sounds like my girls. They both did that until 4-4.5 now they wake up b/t 6:30-7am. For dd1 I did a night light on a timer(about $10 @ home depot). It worked for quiet time and morning time. It took a couple days but she learned that she couldnt get up until the light came on. I started that right around 2 b/c I thought it was be easier for her to understand then time. But like I said they have always been early risers so 6am.was the latest I ever set it. And keeping them up later only made them get up ealier...the later they went to bed past bedtime they got up that much sooner in the morning lol

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 06-21-2012 at 06:48 AM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would also suggest a white noise machine. We had a problem with my daughter sleeping & it has helped us. We purchased one from Amazon & although I felt $50 was a steep price, it's been worth it for a few extra hours of Mommy sleep. I recently found a cheaper one at a baby consignment store that has different sounds, so I've transitioned my 14 month over to the rushing waves sound so we can use our original machine with our newborn when he arrives in August.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets
Sounds like my girls. They both did that until 4-4.5 now they wake up b/t 6:30-7am. For dd1 I did a night light on a timer(about $10 @ home depot). It worked for quiet time and morning time. It took a couple days but she learned that she couldnt get up until the light came on. I started that right around 2 b/c I thought it was be easier for her to understand then time. But like I said they have always been early risers so 6am.was the latest I ever set it. And keeping them up later only made them get up ealier...the later they went to bed past bedtime they got up that much sooner in the morning lol
Grr. I think i was spoiled with ds. Always slept 12 hours no matter when he went to bed.

I work late some nights, otherwise i would just adapt my schedule and go
To bed earlier But this is driving me crazy. Gonna go on Amazon and loom at those clock lights.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am of no help. DS2 is up with the sun...usually no later than 5am. He is in bed at 8 every night. We ended up doing away with his nap most days because he would lay in his bed (or get up repeatedly ) til 930-10 every night and still get up at 5. So now with no nap he falls asleep quickly and sleeps til closer to 6...still a lot earlier than I'd prefer, but since I have to be up at 6 anyway, it doesn't bother me much
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ny now 4 year old has been waking up at 5am since about 14 months old.. We've tried the black out curtains, white noise, fans, adjusting bedtimes - yet nothing has worked. Sadly we've just learned to deal with it since there really wasn't anything we could do about it.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
frimousse
Registered Users
seller

My older DD was set on an automatic timer for 5:30 am from birth to 8 years old!!! Nothing we did made it better. She just got grumpier if we put her to bed later but still woke up at the same time. She is now sleeping in until about 7 am! Good luck is all I can say.