View Poll Results: Use Pullups or undies on the trip?
Pullups 16 69.57%
Undies 6 26.09%
Other - explain 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Pullups or undies (newly PL'd on a road trip)

Soo...another road trip question (sorry!). DS2 is 2.5yrs old and newly potty trained. He has been out of diapers 100% for months and he's been doing great recently. He still sometimes has a little pee spot on his undies when he says he has to pee, but besides that, he can usually make it to the potty on time. He probably has an actual pee accident once every few days. Naps and bedtime have been good (I wake him to pee at night though). Pooping has been a little tougher but just in the last week he's only had ONE accident. He was pooping in his pants DAILY and has *finally* got it to where he'll run to me right before he goes and then I run him to the potty and he makes it.

SO...our trip is 2 full days in the car. We're taking a kiddie potty chair and some t.p. along but I'm still not sure. At home, we have about 20-30 seconds to get him to the potty once he's declared that he has to go.

We do have 3 square mattress pads for the crib that I was going to put down on his carseat, just in case there was an accident but DH suggested just buying a pack of Pullups and doing that instead.

My only concern with the Pullups is regression. He JUST figured out when to tell me when he's got to poop and it had been months and months of daily accidents. He's pretty good with the peeing bit, and I think we could swing it since we'll be stopping frequently anyway and not giving the kids liquids 24/7.

eta: This is JUST for the car trip down and then back up. He'd be back in undies at the hotel and during the vacation and short car rides like here at home.

WWYD?

Advertisement

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!

Last edited by Rainfall; 06-21-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd do undies for the reason you said, regression.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'd go with pullups. Do you really want to deal with nasty undies in the car with potentially no where to clean up?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pullups or undies (newly PL'd on a road trip)

Undies for sure. I didn't buy one pullup for Maddy and am so glad. She has only had one accident in the car since going to panties full time (about...1.5 months ago?)

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyortiz1122 View Post
I'd do undies for the reason you said, regression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFORME101 View Post
I'd go with pullups. Do you really want to deal with nasty undies in the car with potentially no where to clean up?
LOL! My two biggest reasons for one or the other.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieBeth View Post
Undies for sure. I didn't buy one pullup for Maddy and am so glad. She has only had one accident in the car since going to panties full time (about...1.5 months ago?)
Have you done long trips with her in the car? We go up north to my IL's a few times a year and we've made that trip and back twice now since he's been PL's and he did great. But this will be two full days of driving and in a car.

BTW - yay for your DD! When we started PL'ing with DS2 we just went straight to undies 100%. Frequent accidents at first, but he got it very quickly and I'm glad I didn't mess with Pullups for night/naps/town/etc.

Last edited by Rainfall; 06-21-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Having a recently potty trained child I would so do pull ups
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pull ups... That's not a fun clean up!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:
Speaking as someone who has spent 9+ hours in the car today (still got another hour to go) with a day-trained 4.5yo, I voted for pullups. She's wearing one right now. She's still not great at holding it for very long. That said, she has not wet her pullup all day (or on the way down there last week), so we could've done undies. But she still needs pullups at bedtime and we were worried about any naps in the car, or not being able to find a potty quick enough.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We leave tomorrow at 4;30 am for our trip we have a 25 hour trip we are doing in 2 days and then we have another 9 hours split up by visits to get where we are going. We decided to do pull ups with DS2 (whos almost the same age as your DS) for the fact that him peeing in his carseat and us not being able to clean it right away would be awful and smelly. And then on top of that we expect that he will fall asleep and he's not 100% trained when he's asleep. I'm not worried about regression since we aren't using them like diapers and since he's never used them before we are just telling him they are special underwear for vacation.
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote