View Poll Results: Use Pullups or undies on the trip?
Pullups 16 69.57%
Undies 6 26.09%
Other - explain 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #31
jcgreenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pullups or undies (newly PL'd on a road trip)

If you are concerned about the carseat (totally understandable) Summers Infant make something called a piddle pad which is a waterproof thing that goes in the car seat in case of accidents. We have one in DS's carseat and though it's not yet been needed it's good not only for accidents but spills too. It's much easier to pull that out and shake it out or wash it that to remove the whole carseat cover. You can even get 2 so you have a backup in case you have an incident, and if you have 2 cars normally just put it in the other when you get home. Good luck!!

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #32
Sydsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pull ups. If they fall asleep the vibration of the car might relax them enough to pee and that would be a nasty mess. I wouldn't worry TOO much about regression just tell him you treat these exactly like his underwear and they are NOT to be peed in.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #33
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would get the ones that really look fancy and most life underwear. I think it would make it much less pressure for everyone. He is not going to regress if he is truly there.

A suggestion: if you have a baby bjorn potty chair do the following. Put a plastic grocery bag over it with a sposie maxie pad in it. That way you can pull over at a moments notice. Then throw away the bag and the pad would have soaked up the potty. I take extra bag/pad combos.

Another ds mommy first suggested this about 2 years ago, I will try to remember her name.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #34
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pull ups all the way. I have dealt with accident undies on vacation and it kinda takes the fun & relaxation out of everything.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #35
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd is potty trained and we have a potty in the trunk but i would be tempted to use a pull up just in case rather than deal with a wet carseat for a long road trip
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote