Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
Formerly: BlissfullyChic
seller

My Mood:
Scary Day with a Surprise Ending!!

So I had a scary day yesterday. I woke up feeling a little crampy and it just gradually got worse, even when I layed down and drank water. I ended up calling my OB around 5:00 and he wanted to see me right away. I went there and the cramps were worse. He checked my cervix and thought it seemed shorter..... that's when the panic set in. Immediately he starts telling me that I could be in preterm labor and at 15 weeks there is really nothing to be done. I did have blood in my urine so he thought I might have a bladder infection that could cause cramping. So I was given Antibiotics and told to be on immediate bedrest. And he scheduled for me to go to the hospital today and get an ultrasound.

Needless to say I was a mess last night. Pretty much thinking the worst. Well today I went and my sonogram was Awesome!! My cervix was long, closed and no funneling at all! All cramping had stopped. I got to see both babies and their measurements were great! Heartbeats were in the 150's and 160's, plenty of fluid, placentas looked great! And right when I took a huge sigh of relief, one of the babies showed us he was clearly a ...............BOY!! I was not expecting to find out anything, I was just so worried it never crossed my mind! I could not be more excited!! But it feels really weird knowing one is a boy and being clueless about the other. Such a great day, I just had to share. Plus my OB was waiting for me in the parking lot and gave me a HUGE HUG!! The ultrasound tech called him with the results, he's Awesome, I LOVE HIM!!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Scary Day with a Surprise Ending!!

That does sound scary, but I'm so glad everything is more than fine!

I had to go to an imaging center separate from my ob's office today for my u/s...I'm pretty sure I saw the sex of both babies, but the tech wasn't giving anything away (boo!), so I'm hoping for some confirmation at my next appt. I'll be 17+1 then, so it's pretty likely.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Yay! I'm so glad it turned out all good and you got to find out one was a boy! Very exciting!!
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

im sorry you had stress. glad to hear you are ok and that you're having a little dude. xo.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
Manderzthegr8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Glad to hear it all turned out ok! And how crazy and exciting to find out gender for one already!

Were you planning to find out genders at all? Will you find out gender for the other baby or keep one a surprise??
Old 06-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderzthegr8 View Post
Glad to hear it all turned out ok! And how crazy and exciting to find out gender for one already!

Were you planning to find out genders at all? Will you find out gender for the other baby or keep one a surprise??
No I definitely want to know both genders. We have two girls so if it was a boy or two I need to do some serious shopping! But a friend of ours who works at the college where they do ultrasounds offered to give us one this coming Thursday, so hopefully I only have another week until I find out the other one.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
That does sound scary, but I'm so glad everything is more than fine!

I had to go to an imaging center separate from my ob's office today for my u/s...I'm pretty sure I saw the sex of both babies, but the tech wasn't giving anything away (boo!), so I'm hoping for some confirmation at my next appt. I'll be 17+1 then, so it's pretty likely.
That's exactly how my tech was. She said you can't tell this early and we don't even look until 18 weeks... I didn't go in there expecting to find out since I was there for a whole other reason and was just panicked about my cervix!! But then one of the babies (our boy) didn't like getting a sonogram and started trying to push it off, I told her we always think that ones a boy. Every ultrasound we have, we have one that sits pretty and poses for pictures. Even turns and gives us a good side profile. Then there is the other one!! He's always upside down and kicking like crazy, I always feel him! If I don't eat fast enough he lets me know, when I try to sleep he keeps me awake. When I told her that she put it right on top of him and he was not shy... she said "before I say anything, do you even want to know" I yelled that's BOY! I have 2 girls.. I know what that looks like, it was such a shock. She ended up searching for the other one but you could see the knees were touching.... very modest!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad that all turned out ok! The practice I go to doesn't like to do scans till 20+ weeks. I go at 14 then 18 so I think they'll make me wait. I am getting nervous about it but can't wait to know what we're having!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVintageBliss View Post
That's exactly how my tech was. She said you can't tell this early and we don't even look until 18 weeks... I didn't go in there expecting to find out since I was there for a whole other reason and was just panicked about my cervix!! But then one of the babies (our boy) didn't like getting a sonogram and started trying to push it off, I told her we always think that ones a boy. Every ultrasound we have, we have one that sits pretty and poses for pictures. Even turns and gives us a good side profile. Then there is the other one!! He's always upside down and kicking like crazy, I always feel him! If I don't eat fast enough he lets me know, when I try to sleep he keeps me awake. When I told her that she put it right on top of him and he was not shy... she said "before I say anything, do you even want to know" I yelled that's BOY! I have 2 girls.. I know what that looks like, it was such a shock. She ended up searching for the other one but you could see the knees were touching.... very modest!
I can't believe they're moving around enough to keep you awake already! I'm a little envious; A is pretty low, so I can sometimes feel fullness or mild pressure in my pelvis...and I sometimes feel poking there. Like, not nice flutters, real pokes, but IDK if they're kicks or if it's just ligament pain. Then I'm pretty sure I felt a flip-flop from B late last week, too, but nothing for sure and certainly nothing that would keep me from sleeping. Hopefully it'll be soon-ish!

And I hope there's no modesty at the next u/s for either of us DP is done w/ school by then, so I'm hoping she can make it to my next appt. I asked her if she wanted me to wait until the anatomy scan & her answer was to find out ASAP, even if she's not there, & just text her...do people really do that if they have a choice? I get it with a spouse who works out of town or something, but that's not our situation...she just doesn't want to wait
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I can't believe they're moving around enough to keep you awake already! I'm a little envious; A is pretty low, so I can sometimes feel fullness or mild pressure in my pelvis...and I sometimes feel poking there. Like, not nice flutters, real pokes, but IDK if they're kicks or if it's just ligament pain. Then I'm pretty sure I felt a flip-flop from B late last week, too, but nothing for sure and certainly nothing that would keep me from sleeping. Hopefully it'll be soon-ish!
I felt them really early. When I went in at 11 weeks 5 days I could tell the doc exactly where baby B was lying so he could get a heartbeat with the doppler without searching. He said I was spot on and didn't doubt I could feel them. But they are my 3rd and 4th and they are twins. They've always measured 5 days bigger and my uterus has always been at least a month ahead so I feel them up high. Plus it may be the way they are laying.... Baby A is straight up and down and Baby B is sideways on top. (I feel him a lot more) They make a T. When I went in on Wednesday he said I actually felt like I had bruising from the inside from where they had been pushing all night. It was weird but that part of my stomach was so sore. Being pregnant is the coolest thing! One of the greatest gifts, I always tell my daughters that! But they are super active.... like I feel them all through out the day and night.

And I gotta say I'd have no patience!! As soon as I could see what they are I would totally give in and find out! Hehehe!!