Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you delivered at a different hospital

than from where your midwife or OB works, how did it go for you?

I work in one state and live in another. I set up my prenatal appointments with a midwife in the state I work because I have to book my appointments either during lunch or late afternoon on work days, and since my commute totals over an hour, it was just convenient to have a midwife where I work.

I don't have plans on delivering in this same state, however. I delivered my son 5 years ago at this particular hospital and had a horrible experience here, so I plan on having this one at a hospital near my home because it specializes in women and babies. I have been to this hospital to visit friends/family and am familiar with it in that sense.

Since my midwife won't be there, how should I prepare to have a baby in a different hospital with a different staff on duty? Do I need my own hospital tour? Register in advance? Is a written birth plan enough?

If you were in this situation, how did it go for you?

Advertisement

keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli
than from where your midwife or OB works, how did it go for you?

I work in one state and live in another. I set up my prenatal appointments with a midwife in the state I work because I have to book my appointments either during lunch or late afternoon on work days, and since my commute totals over an hour, it was just convenient to have a midwife where I work.

I don't have plans on delivering in this same state, however. I delivered my son 5 years ago at this particular hospital and had a horrible experience here, so I plan on having this one at a hospital near my home because it specializes in women and babies. I have been to this hospital to visit friends/family and am familiar with it in that sense.

Since my midwife won't be there, how should I prepare to have a baby in a different hospital with a different staff on duty? Do I need my own hospital tour? Register in advance? Is a written birth plan enough?

If you were in this situation, how did it go for you?
Since I'll local can you tell me which hospitals or pm me? I have delivered at 2 (one in CT and one big one in Priov). I have also been treated for pregnancy related things at another. I will totally tell you my experience with those hospitals if they are any of the ones you are considering.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pm-ed you back

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you delivered at a different hospital

Thanks so much! You were very helpful and I'll contact you again if there's anything else I need answered.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote