Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O If you do leggings, what age?

I've always covered DDs diapers or panties. Either with bloomers that come with the dresses or with tights, shorts or leggings. I work in preschools and get sick to death of looking at Dora undies all through circle time because the girls are sitting "indian-style" with nothing but panties under their skirts and dresses.

Advertisement

Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
MyLovely
Registered Users

Just popping in to say that I must be either really oblivious or have lived in weird places...I NEVER see girls past toddlerhood wearing dresses or skirts. If they're wearing leggings, it's because it's with a tunic-style top.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:44 AM   #13
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
Just popping in to say that I must be either really oblivious or have lived in weird places...I NEVER see girls past toddlerhood wearing dresses or skirts. If they're wearing leggings, it's because it's with a tunic-style top.
I see quite a few girls in dresses that are around DD's age (6) and a little older I would say about 9 tops wearing dresses. Most of the pre-teens-teens like you said are wearing legging with tunic tops.

DD is a girly girl and wears a dress or skirt about 80% of the time. Except in the winter when its way too cold . Which is only about a month and then it goes back to scorching heat.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #14
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think at like 2 when she was wearing a skirt or dress that didn't have bloomers. I also keep the white or neutral bloomers for anything not just the top/dress it comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #15
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest dd is going into 1st grade. It's hit/miss. We don't always have shorts short enough to go under dresses. Usually her short fall at the knee. In the winter, she usually wears tights, I just have to cut off the toes. She HATES the seam.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
To me it's not an age, but a potty trained thing. If they're in diapers, fine. Little panties should be covered though.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #17
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I always makes sure my dd has something under her dress be it shorts in the summer and leggings in the winter.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 4.5 year old daughter still wears them, and she will continue to do so until she consistently, without reminders is able to sit like a lady, as we call it. Modesty is pretty big here in our house, and even with skirts that go to her knee, we have shorts or leggings under. She knows and we know that no one else needs or wants to see her Princess undies! Hehe

She is still reminded, and does a great job *most* of the time remembering to sit in positions that allow her to "Be a lady", but I think it will be a while yet, since at 4, she can still easily forget on the playground that if she is wearing a skirt/dress, people iwll probably see her underwear HTH
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We love dresses and skirts around here. In the world? We don't see it that much, but you can look super cute AND modest at the same time with some summer dresses/skirts We are both girls, and we like to be girls! (Not saying we don't wear pants too, but as a woman, I do like to look feminine!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We put leggings or shorts under dresses now that DD is potty trained and in panties full time, when she was in diapers we didn't bother with covering up since most of the time she was in wool under dresses anyways. If we are just at home by ourselves though most of the time she doesn't wear shorts or leggings.