Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

My friend had a breech VBAC today!

My doula and friend had a breech VBAC today! Her first son was breech, and she tried to deliver him vaginally with a supportive midwife and OB team, but it didn't happen. This baby was breech too, and she was able to have a vaginal delivery! I can't wait to hear all the details. I know she was pretty zen about it either way - they tried everything possible to turn the babies both times, but obviously her uterus wouldn't accommodate that, for whatever reason.

The funny thing is that I saw her yesterday, and she was saying how she was trying not to go into labor because her OB was going out of town this weekend, and he's the only OB in town who will attempt either a vaginal delivery for breech in a first time mother or a breech VBAC, but thankfully when he heard she was in labor, he changed his plans. Plus it went super fast . . . her water broke at 5 something this morning, and the baby was born before 9 a.m.!

OK, I realize there are a lot of exclamation points in this thread, but it's just super exciting! I don't think I could have done it, but she's a tough lady - she's done several IronMans!

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
heatherjk
Registered Users

Re: My friend had a breech VBAC today!

congrats to your friend
heatherjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is so great when someone's birth goes just how they planned, especially someone close to you I understand the exclamation marks.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW! Tell her i think she's amazing!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Sprouts
Registered Users

awesome! So many drs make you feel that once you have breech thats it, under the knife you go! So happy to hear this, it gives me hope!
Sprouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That's so awesome!
I get so sad when I hear of mamas with breech babies given no choice but a section.

Friends of ours were not given choice of trial of labor with a frank breech and they didn't try to turn baby. Automatic section for a ftm.
She is due again in a month fingers crossed. I know she is hoping for a vbac this time.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's incredible!!! I would love to hug that OB and tell just how awesome he is for being so educated, open minded and supportive!!!
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

Super amazing! Apparently his privates were born first, and they didn't know the sex, so that's how they found out, ha! And they showed me a pic of the forceps (which were thankfully not needed) the OB has for breech babies -- much longer than normal forceps to reach all the way up there. Oh my!

This OB is close to retirement and I know when he retires, fewer women in my area will be able to have VBACs. There are still VBAC friendly midwife and OB groups, but he has a lot of experience with tricky deliveries and is supportive of allowing virtually any woman to have a TOLAC.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
Nimyue
Registered Users
seller

I want to kiss her, her support team, and especially that OB!!!!!

I wish there was a place to record all the VBAC and Breech delivery OBs in the country so I could find one if I need it again ;p
Nimyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats great! So happy for your friend.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote