Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Gabrielsmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Babywear-newbie with zillion questions and overwhelmed...

Creative*Genius, thanks so much for the very informative post!!

Advertisement

Gabrielsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 5'2" and found a Beco (mine was a Butterfly I) great when DD was younger and a Boba (mine is a 2G) great now that DD can help me get her up on my back. This makes me wonder if they mightn't both feel small to you and your hubby. I have one friend who is 6' and her hubby is 6'7" and they've both used Ergos successfully.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #13
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsmama View Post
Creative*Genius, thanks so much for the very informative post!!
Your welcome!

One more thing - if you are considering back carry - IMO, the Beco Butterfly II is THE easiest to back carry in. Primarily because of the "butterfly" panel between you and baby. There is no need to bend over and try to balance baby on your back. I can basically get baby positioned in the front - to make sure his legs are comfortable, loosen the waist belt or even take it off and just put the baby on my back! No worry of baby falling out! I wsa very uncomfortable trying to get the baby on my back in other carriers. The only thing I don't like about the back carry, and this goes for most carriers, is the chest strap. I am very large chested, so if I were to back carry in public I would just look like a set of boobs coming at you - and I don't like that. The Olives and Applesauce is supposed to allow for back carry without the chest strap, but I didn't find that comfortable and felt like the straps could slip off.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
Gabrielsmama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks again for that point of view! I've been wondering how hard it is to get the baby on your back--I'd propably be scared to drop him or something...I guess you get used to it but still... Beco Butterfly is still a strong option! I can't wait to go and try them out at the store... I'm glad the local store carries all of the ones I'm considering
Gabrielsmama is offline   Reply With Quote