Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Need ideas for Responsibility Chart

I would love to hear your ideas about a responsibility chart that works for your preschooler. I am looking for something similar to this magnetic chart from Melissa and Doug:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...w/d/B000NTZL7U

However, I want the tasks to be simple items such as "go potty", "eat breakfast", "brush teeth". I just need help getting out the door in the morning with my 3yo DD without meltdowns. I also need bedtime tasks.

Thanks for your ideas!

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Windexqueen22
Registered Users
seller

There is one at Target that is the same as the Melissa and Doug but has blank tiles that you can create your own with! The wording is simpler as well!
Windexqueen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
Windexqueen22
Registered Users
seller

Sorry DD smacked the phone on the send button

We use this one with our son and LOVE it! When he has done his "jobs" for the day he gets a treat the next day in his lunch!
Windexqueen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windexqueen22
There is one at Target that is the same as the Melissa and Doug but has blank tiles that you can create your own with! The wording is simpler as well!
Do you recall what section it was in? Also, were there pictures as well as text on the task items?

Last edited by indigo152; 08-05-2012 at 04:28 PM.
indigo152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152

Do you recall what section it was in? Also, were there pictures as well as text on the task items?
Pretty sure it is in the toy section with the other M&D stuff.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need ideas for Responsibility Chart

My bf's dd loves a chart like that. It just doesn't work for my ds. He doesn't get any satisfaction seeing his progress on a chart. Bf's dd loves to show it off to anyone that will give her the time (they are both 7).

Just for extra ideas I thought I'd tell you what worked for my ds. He has a basic chore everyday he is expected to do. I remind him sometimes but he does ok with it. Right now its clearing plates from the table. He does like a list of reminders of things he has to do but he doesn't need any sort of recognition that he did it on the chart.
Then we have a list of extra chores he can do and what he makes from them. He is always wanting to download games directly onto the ds or wii (they are $3-$10 each) so the money he makes goes toward that, and he can never get those games another way. It has really worked well. Some weeks he won't do anything but usually he will do tons on the weekend and maybe a small thing every other day. I like it because he is asking to do chores instead of me asking him to do it.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
lilkidteach
Registered Users
seller

We used the accountable kids program. It might be more than you need, but I really liked it.

http://www.accountablekids.com/
lilkidteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made a spin off of Accountable Kids idea. My son would get stuck if he saw a chore he didn't know how to do, or didn't want to do and there would be the day.

I am still tweaking it but this is how it looks right now: http://www.ourunplannedlife.com/2012...xs-chores.html I am thinking I need to have a better spot for his "tickets" as he is confused on what he can use them for and how he can save them up for bigger things like watching a whole movie (I have told him it is 5 minutes of TV for every ticket). That may be a bit much for him to figure out, so I need to chart that out as well.

I made all my tickets using MS Word. If you would like what I used you can PM me your e-mail and I can forward them on to you. Oh I should also add that I have spent only $6 on the whole set up I have so far.