Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Are Your Most Durable Toys?

Playsilks and blocks... We don't buy anything plastic, and anything plastic that is received as a gift breaks within 2 days, max. The only exception has been a Fisher Price Imaginext thing that DS got for his birthday, but we can't quite figure out what it is supposed to be anyway, the kids call it a dinosaur. Oh, and the Zhu Zhu pets that MIL got them didn't break either, until DH "accidentally" stepped on one, then somehow it ended up under the wheel of his truck, and so did the others. :shrug: Not sure how that "happened". But anything wooden can be repaired, plastic gets chucked when it breaks. We are big fans of cardboard boxes and rope, for some reason my kids adore those things. They set boobie traps around the house and tie stuff up to drag it around. They constantly tie their Haba wooden wagon to the back of their rocking horse and go on carriage rides.

Advertisement

Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #22
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I saved some things from my teens...legos, duplos, puppet theatre and puppets, handmade wooden blocks, wooden puzzles, tangrams, felt, magnetic stuff, knex, brio trains....stuff like that.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #23
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
We love our Legos, Playmobil & Happy Squash wooden toys.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
We are also huge playmobil fans. They can be taken apart but I have never had one actually broken.

I also love Little Tykes or Step 2, either inside or outside toys. We have a play kitchen and used to have ride on toys when the boys were smaller. They just don't ever break. We had a play house outside that we got second hand and it lasted through my kids and moved on to my neighbors and we have a second hand climber as well that is still going strong. They just last. Little Tykes used to make a really cool doll house that you can probably still find second hand.

I hear good things about Plan Toys wooden doll house. I have the Melissa and Doug wooden Castle and it would not be that hard for a rough child to break.

Little People are also really tough and super easy to wash (just dump them in water.

Tonka trucks, my boys have a bunch in the back yard and half of them used to be mine or dh's.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote