Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #31
princesslilahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Junebugs chat June 24-30th

Still waiting on baby...hugs to everyone struggling...the first baby can be a challenge to get used to but eventually it begins to feel normal! I'm just waiting to go into labor over here!

Advertisement

princesslilahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #32
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I miss being pregnant. A lot.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #33
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslilahsmom View Post
I'm just waiting to go into labor over here!
Me too! If I wake up at my normal time tomorrow (on my due date), I will officially be more pregnant than I ever have been before. I had DD early and DS was born on his due date at 5:30 am. I'm having some contractions tonight, but nothing regular.

I really didn't think I'd be overdue with this little guy. I've been having BH contractions since 13 weeks, so I was afraid I'd be trying my hardest to keep him in until full term! I stressed so much over not wanting him to come until he was full term and then wanting him to wait until my grandma got here. I shouldn't have worried!
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #34
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
Me too.

Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum
Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #35
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
DDC that's always what gets me a bit down after giving birth too, Hang in there mommas!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #36
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
Me too! If I wake up at my normal time tomorrow (on my due date), I will officially be more pregnant than I ever have been before. I had DD early and DS was born on his due date at 5:30 am. I'm having some contractions tonight, but nothing regular.

I really didn't think I'd be overdue with this little guy. I've been having BH contractions since 13 weeks, so I was afraid I'd be trying my hardest to keep him in until full term! I stressed so much over not wanting him to come until he was full term and then wanting him to wait until my grandma got here. I shouldn't have worried!
I sent my bff an email at 4:30 yesterday and sai "as of 10 minutes ago, I am officially more pregnant than I have ever been in my life lol"

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday! I worried for so long that the baby would come early before we had a chance to finish the girls rooms and get them moved, and all the other things that needed to be done after that. And since Peep was a week early, just 21 months ago, I thought for sure I'd go early. Ahh well..just enjoying these last days with my baby so close to my heart.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #37
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlittleton View Post
Thanks. We're working through it. We have an appt today finally with a consultant, and I'm really hoping that helps. He didn't take to the nipple shields this morning. I'm wondering if he may have a lip tie. He always curls his top lip in, even when we give him a bottle. I told the pediatrician about it, but she didn't seem super concerned.

Other than our breastfeeding struggles everything is going really well. Milo (our nickname for him) loves to be held. It makes sleeping difficult because I'm way too panicky to try co-sleeping, but at the same time I love that he is such a cuddly baby. I feel bad for SO; he's doing so great for his first time. He's been super helpful with everything, and he's getting better everyday. But I'm so short with him sometimes.. He's having a hard time not getting the sleep he was use to. Since he's the one working, and we're trying to work it out so I can stay home because we don't want to do daycare I try to let him sleep as much as possible. But he just can't seem to function as well as I can, and he's getting double if not triple the amount of sleep I am. I know he's trying so hard, but I can't help but get irritated. :/ Sorry had to vent about that..

Sending positive vibes to all those mamas still waiting on their los.. Hopefully soon!
pediatricians, in general, aren't educated AT ALL on breastfeeding and issues that come about, so he wouldn't necessarily know. Even some LC's miss lip tie.

About the co-sleeping, read the book "the family bed" by tine thevenin, it is an oldie but goodie. instances of rolling on baby, etc, are recorded when someone in the bed is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I co-slept with all 6 of mine (am currently bed-sharing with my 2 yr old and keola)

more later, keola is being held by one of his brothers, so I better go do something productive!!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #38
princesslilahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nothing going on here! still waiting...41+2
princesslilahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #39
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aleyna had her 1 month check up today...she is now 9lbs 8oz and 22 inches...guess my milk is doing what it is supposed to do. I am feeling pretty good, still a little sad that I ended up with a c-section, but I know it is what we had to do. I had a pretty emotional night last night though...DH is sitting playing video games and I was trying to get Aleyna to calm/sleep for 2 hours, needless to say the thought of punching him entered my mind more than once...I know he works hard all day, but I take care of the 3 kids all day by myself and do all the house stuff, when the "trying" nights come up, help would be nice.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #40
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I need to order more pf's and covers because I'm starting to really worry that all the fitteds I have (that worked awesome for P from day 1) are absolutely not going to fit this lil Peep. I had a f/u us this morning to check in on growth again and my placenta and (although I don't rely heavily on us for sizing) lil Peep is still only in the low teens in terms of %, in other words really small. I was watching her do the measurments and s/he didn't measure past 36 weeks on anything.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote