Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #31
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07

hmmm i was thinking send him and have it mailed back but maybe passing on him would be better? I could include a pack of stamps.

what would be best. Is it a hassle to ask people to send what he did to one address and him to a differnt address and would people have a problem with me giving there address to someone else to have liam passed on

Im still working through the details here just know what my finished goal is
When my nephew did it they sent it out with a note on he back to take a picture of him with an explanation then send the pic and info to the email address on the back. Then that person sent it to whoever they wanted. This way is was a surprise as to where he would go. This way you do eventually loose your flat person though. I like the idea of sending out a scrap book page with it and getting it back. I might have to do it too.

Advertisement

jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #32
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flat "Liam" Scrapbook....Can Liam come visit you?

I think my plan is this -

we are going to get a 3 ring binder and cardstock for it and as I get the pages back from the various places I will laminate them and put them in the three ring binder so it will be a scrapbook of type but I want something that will fit in a normal manila envelope ( Id love a regular style scrapbook but I was thinking this would work better ??)

we will send him back and forth I figure to get all the states and as many countries as possible it will probably take us two years or so with the back and forth...

I figure we will include a note with Stanley and stamps to return him so it doesnt cost the person hosting "Liam"
Old 06-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it's more fun to send Flat Liam back to you each time because then Real Liam gets mail, and mail is fun!

Also, if a group of people all decided to send out flat people, there wouldn't be a need for stamps because everyone would be contributing sending and receiving flat people.

I have an 8 month old so right now he obviously wouldn't be excited, but if we were to all decide to have a Flat People exchange, it would take a long time and I would like to be involved. It would just take someone compiling a list of who is involved, and then you would just receive a Flat person, do some activities with him, and send him back to his home to be sent out again to someone else.

ETA: I think we could subsidize the international ones, though. I suppose it would equal out if Serena received a Flat person and then received something for her real son, but everyone would have to be involved so it's fair to the international people and they don't get ignored.

Last edited by Hungry Caterpillar; 06-25-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

So, I totally do not mean to hijack this thread at all, but if lots of people did want to do a Flat people exchange, we could organize it pretty easily. The cost would be actually really minimal for a year or two worth of fun and getting mail. If you had even 50 people sign up to do it, and a stamp let's say is 50 cents, that's only $25 for stamps plus printing out a picture of wherever the flat people went and I guess a new envelope for each journey? I can't imagine it would be more than maybe $40 for the whole thing, and if you have multiple children it would cost more to send anything but they would each have a picture taken.

I am rambling. This just really excited me! I would help organize if people want to do this as a mass effort.

I also got like two hours of sleep last night so forgive me and ignore this if this is unwanted.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #35
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 2. I really don't think she would get too excited about it yet...but in the next yr or 2 I would LOVE to get started with our own flat person. But in the meantime I am in NM and willing to host flat people . I haven't seen anyone else say NM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #36
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
So, I totally do not mean to hijack this thread at all, but if lots of people did want to do a Flat people exchange, we could organize it pretty easily. The cost would be actually really minimal for a year or two worth of fun and getting mail. If you had even 50 people sign up to do it, and a stamp let's say is 50 cents, that's only $25 for stamps plus printing out a picture of wherever the flat people went and I guess a new envelope for each journey? I can't imagine it would be more than maybe $40 for the whole thing, and if you have multiple children it would cost more to send anything but they would each have a picture taken.

I am rambling. This just really excited me! I would help organize if people want to do this as a mass effort.

I also got like two hours of sleep last night so forgive me and ignore this if this is unwanted.
I'd love to participate! We are in pa.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #37
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

thats why I decided this was a great activity for us its inexpensive and super fun... differnt ages can do differnt things...

personally we are getting a map to mark with where hes been and where hes going and learn about various places while hes there...

we are also going to figure out how many miles it is away from our home to various places.

Im sure we will get lots more discussions and learning opportunities out of this.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #38
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm in Southern Indiana if you need a host around here. We have caves, lakes, fields and LOTS of hiking...
Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #39
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

This is a great idea for learning geography! I'll host in Chicago. And Id love to send out flats of my boys!
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #40
DCAMama
Registered Users
Formerly: dm**ge
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm in ND, right on the border of MN (like 1/2 mile away) so I could do both states.