Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bornfree Bottles? Good or no?

Hey mamas...
I found 2, 4 packs of Bornfree Eco Deco Bottles at Marshalls today for $9.99 and I was wondering if they were worth it. I am going to be doing foster care again very soon for kiddos ages 0-3 with medical/special needs. In the past I have had a hugeee collection of bottles and dropped a ton of money on them because every kiddo seems to like something different. I'm hoping to find a few kinds that work well that I can stick with. I thought that sounded like a good deal but I'm not sure!

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
rubira
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bornfree Bottles? Good or no?

That's a good deal for sure. I don't have much experience with other bottles but we used Born Free and they seem to work well. It is one more piece (well, two) to wash, but I like that it keeps air bubbles out of the nipple, and they've stood up well to repeated use. Just watch out because the nipples are pricy, but they also seem to hold up well.

We didn't bottle feed prior to 3 months so I'm not sure if they would have helped with the gassiness that wee ones have but my DS at nearly 12 months likes them fine.
rubira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used Born Free with my second...we started with Avent but had leaks...that is a good price for sure!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

It is a good price.

We used Born Free w/ DD, b/c my SIL gave them to us. They worked great for my niece w/ her reflux. She gave us quite a few of the glass bottles & a few of the plastic & we of course bought new nipples. DD wasn't a spitter (at all, even w/ other bottles) & didn't have any reflux, so I found them to be an incredible PITA. The glass was too heavy for DD to hold at first, then she could throw them & I was afraid of her either breaking the bottle or hurting us/the dog/whatever was in her path when she threw her bottle. The valves were just one more stupid step in washing. We had one Avent bottle & I much preferred that to the Born Free. There isn't much we would re-buy if we have another LO, but both of us have sworn that we're not using those bottles again.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's half off!!! Great deal. We use those (and used with 2 other foster babes, one who was drug-exposed). We have LOVED them!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
ohio_mama05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am obsessed with Born Free bottles! I swear we tried every bottle out there and finally found these and have never looked back. I love the glass personally, and that they are BPA free.
ohio_mama05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love the glass Born Free bottles, but the plastic are good too. Glass just holds up better with multiple washings. The bottles are amazing! When you buy them though it seems the larger size comes with stage 2 nipples so if you use stage 1 buy those on the side.

DD does really good on these, she burps easily and isn't gassy. I do use mylicon still though because she is hard to burp without it, but it's not as bad with these bottles as it was with playtex or dr. browns.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOVE them!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
They were our go-to after our Avent bottles started leaking. We loved them!!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

I've found that babies totally have bottle preferences! My LO would NOT take the Born Free nipple. Only the Dr. Brown's-style nipple...but I got so tired of washing those, that we switched to Playtex VentAire. Worked just as well, and actually helped with his chronic ear infections.