Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nearing the 3rd Tri - Come and chat 7/7 to 7/13

Thought I'd try a weekly chat again!

How are you?
Any fun appointments this week?
Who is doing the GD test this week?
Anyone working on anything exciting for baby?

Advertisement

Last edited by sillyutalktome; 07-07-2012 at 11:49 AM.
sillyutalktome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nearing the 3rd Tri - Come and chat 7/7 to 7/13

How are you?
I am good! Tired, huge and sore in my hips but good. So excited to be past the viability point and can't wait until Thursday to be in the third trimesters! (I call 27 weeks third)

Any fun appointments this week?
I have my cervical length check, baby's weight since I'm still down 13 pounds and regular appointment Tuesday. I am so excited to see baby again. I'm a little worried too as doctor wrote in my file that baby is a girl, but I know we've had two ultrasounds confirming he's a boy. So I'm hoping doctor was just sharing some of my pregnancy brain or remembering my cute dd when he wrote that.

Who is doing the GD test this week?
I think mine is Tuesday

Anyone working on anything exciting for baby?
I have a schedule of what to get done each week. This week is supposed to be buy a pail liner, wool wash and boingos. But I really want to set up the changing table and Brother's clothes so I may switch the weeks around. We'll see.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Tired here too, especially with the heat! We've been at or near 100 for the past week, and going to be at least in the 90's for the next - ugh! Bad pregnancy weather

I will be 26 weeks on Tuesday, and I can't believe I am almost in the third trimester! AAHH! But really, October can't get here fast enough - we are so excited. My GD test is in just under two weeks, and then in just over two weeks I have my 28wk appt. I can't believe that after this one it's every 2 weeks already!

We aren't working on something for baby, exactly, but we are remodeling a bedroom in our house for our 2yo dd to move into so that baby can have the nursery. It was a disaster - had to put a whole new ceiling in, do tons of repairs on the walls, and now we are FINALLY up to the fun part of painting! Then DH has to fix a couple pieces of trim and we can move dd in there, hopefully in the next week or two. It's going to be really cute, and it's been fun getting ready for it!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How are you? Great! - was having contractions and extreme pelvic pain a couple of weeks ago but back to feeling like I'm 25 weeks again... (will be 26 weeks Thursday)
Any fun appointments this week? Just had one last week... short and simple
Who is doing the GD test this week? Not until beginning of August... I hate that test...
Anyone working on anything exciting for baby? Knitting some woolies and clearing out the spare room - it's such a mess! Still have some flannel sheets to sew...
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
QTMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Right now I am tired, but good. Babe decides when/how long I can sleep. Yesterday I only got 6 hours of sleep, then I was up late due to a wedding that was 2 hours away. It was really fun and I love catching up on my family (except my mom whom I ignore). It was great to see my two other cousins who are due Sept 29th, and Oct 16th. Yeah there are 3 of us due that close together. (I am Oct 4). So my aunts are throwing us a triple baby shower!

I don't have any appointments until August 1, then I start the routine 2 week appointments.

I already took my GD test... and I passed it - with flying colors. I took it at the hospital where I work so I could work during the hour and it is cheaper for my insurance that way too. The hospital only had higher doses of the glucose, so I took my chances and did the test with more sugar. And I still passed!!

I finally ordered the dipes I wanted for babe. I am getting 6 one-sized covers and a lot of prefolds/inserts, two wet bags and a changing mat. I want to work on making some more prefolds and inserts, but we'll see how that comes along. I think we will use disposables for the first little while (as long as babe doesn't break out due to extremely sensitive skin which is genetic in our family.)
QTMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Qtmom - yay for diapers! That's exciting. We'll do cloth from the beginning. Dd was sensitive and I'm highly allergic to latex so we don't do disposables unless we really have to as the all natural ones are pricey!

Photocowgirl - be sure to post photos of your wool that you're knitting!

Eileen - wow sounds like you undertook some major home renovations! I bet you're glad it's coming to an end and you can move your dd.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How are you? just fine...it's been sooooo hot, and I''ve got that preggo walk
Any fun appointments this week? no.
Who is doing the GD test this week? my test is in 2 weeks since I'm only 25 weeks now
Anyone working on anything exciting for baby? not much, counted up and I think I'm about done with newborn size dipe sewing, I may do 4 AIO's (I don't do AIO for larger sizes because they take too long to dry, but nb size isn't too bad) and a couple more PUL covers. I need to try to knit some of this cascade yarn I ordered. DH is out of town for 2 weeks for work so who knows how much I'll actually get done....probably none of it I havn't really done much organazing except prewashing dipes. I've got the girl clothes seperated into boxes by size (but need to be rewashed after storage).
Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
QTMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ohhh, I have really been thinking about cloth wipes. I was thinking about making a couple different fabrics including terry, flannel and jersey. Does anyone else use wipes? What works best and what do you use as a soak/spray? I was planning on using water or water with a little bit of baby soap. Any opinions about this?
QTMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMom View Post
Ohhh, I have really been thinking about cloth wipes. I was thinking about making a couple different fabrics including terry, flannel and jersey. Does anyone else use wipes? What works best and what do you use as a soak/spray? I was planning on using water or water with a little bit of baby soap. Any opinions about this?
i use cheap washcloths from walmart....i had at one time some double sided flannel that was ok....but they got used as cleaning rags after DD pl'd. I use cloth wipes after the one time a disposable wipe clogged my washer hose.

I usually just used water or if it was really bad I would keep some water in a peri bottle with a little squirt of baby soap (our's was Burts Bees head to toe)......and just wet the wipe when I was about to use it.

some people use essential oils but the soap was better smelling to me.

I ordered 2 new wet bags today! I only had one left and it was a boy print! And some wool wash....now I can prep my wool!

Last edited by MomdeIsla; 07-09-2012 at 08:05 AM.
MomdeIsla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
talitha
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone! I haven't posted much but I'm due with a little boy on October 28. So this week I'm 24 weeks! I can't believe it. In some ways it has gone fast, in other ways I can't believe I still have so far to go.

I am feeling huge. I've only gained 11 lbs at this point, but I feel like he is in my ribs and kicking my bladder at the same time! I'm only really comfortable when laying down or standing, but am having trouble sleeping at night. I feel like all this is starting earlier than it did with my son. Doc said that is normal for your second, and I am 35 now so I'm old lol.

Baby is moving constantly! I love it because I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel him move until after 20 weeks.

I will have a second GD test at 28 weeks. I had one earlier (high risk doc makes you do two tests if you have PCOS) and passed it so hopefully I will pass the second as well.

I have a ton of stuff on my list to sew and can't seem to make myself get started. I want to make a Baby K'tan knock off, wet bags, newborn dipes and prefolds, etc. tell me to get started!!!!!