Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
xraymom23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm the horrible mom that feeds her kids room temp bottles. I have a gallon of baby water on the counter and I just fill a bottle and dump in the appropriate amount of formula and shake it up and feed the baby.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Busy wife and mom of 4, ttc #5!!
xraymom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Heating up bottles

We used to use room temp water but we had to switch to a formula for spit up and it doesnt dissolve well in room temp water so I had to start heating our water up. When I heat it up it only gets to about room temp before he starts screaming for it.
busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
pcjs
Registered Users

A bottle warmer is a wonderful thing. Any of the brands should work. I forget which one we had.

At some point, but older, maybe 8-9 months or later, my kid would just take them straight out of the fridge. I really appreciated that but before that we did a bottle warmer.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm waiting for the day he will take it at least a little cold. But at this point he just spits it out if its too cold.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyteacher
I'm waiting for the day he will take it at least a little cold. But at this point he just spits it out if its too cold.
DD1 NEVER took a cold bottle..
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyteacher
We used to use room temp water but we had to switch to a formula for spit up and it doesnt dissolve well in room temp water so I had to start heating our water up. When I heat it up it only gets to about room temp before he starts screaming for it.
Were using Enfamil AR and we have a brita pitcher we fill with water, and make bottles as we go.
But at nights, or if he is abnormally upset I heat them up, via crockpot. I just always keep it full of water(its small) and stick a bottle in the water for a minute or so.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #17
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
Were using Enfamil AR and we have a brita pitcher we fill with water, and make bottles as we go.
But at nights, or if he is abnormally upset I heat them up, via crockpot. I just always keep it full of water(its small) and stick a bottle in the water for a minute or so.
OMG, that's freaking BRILLIANT!!!!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #18
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
Great idea. So do you leave the crockpot on all night so the water is already warm?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #19
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

We used a crock pot at the daycare I used to work at as well, but I only have a huge one. My one of the individual ones would be as cheap as a bottle warmer. I will have to look when I go to the store tomorrow. Sure that wouldn't take as long as a cup with water. The problem with the cup is the water gets cold fast because the bottle cools it down so then you have to refill it once or twice to get it warm. I guess the crock pot would keep the water warm at all times and it wouldn't cool off.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyteacher View Post
We used a crock pot at the daycare I used to work at as well, but I only have a huge one. My one of the individual ones would be as cheap as a bottle warmer. I will have to look when I go to the store tomorrow. Sure that wouldn't take as long as a cup with water. The problem with the cup is the water gets cold fast because the bottle cools it down so then you have to refill it once or twice to get it warm. I guess the crock pot would keep the water warm at all times and it wouldn't cool off.
I thought the same thing that it probably would cost the same to just get a bottle warmer but I like the idea that I can use a small crock pot for other things like warm dips or beans.