Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
sandyj21
Registered Users
seller

Weekly chat June 25th

I feel great this week. Just realized that I am 33 weeks yesterday. This pregnancy is flying by. However 7 more weeks seems like alot. when you tell someone "im due in aug." And then they make a huge deal about being pregnant through the hot summer. And how "huge you look... are you sure it's not twins? " Three people asked me that the other day.

Anyways going by fast. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow. My husband is going to come along. He actually asked to. Unlike him. he doesnt pay much attention to the whole pregancy thing. Likes the end result of course but could care less how I am measureing or the babies heartbeat. So I was excited he wants to come.

Ive been haveing alot of BH. I love that feeling!!

Have a great week ladies.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat June 25th

I'm feeling like I'm running out of time, and also like it will NEVER end. I was at the midwives on Friday and the mother of another patient was nice enough to point out that her daughter who is due in a week or two is WAY smaller than me especially since I'm due in the middle of August. Sometimes I wish people would just keep their comments to themselves.

Enjoy your appointment! My next one isn't until the 4th! I am getting excited... my appointments are now all booked in advance
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been feeling a bit panicky about things lately. I mean, I'm excited, and I'm "prepared" overall... but it's hitting me that this is happening soon. I worry about my son, who will be two next month. I get really sad thinking of our time as him as our only child coming to an end. I worry about how he'll adjust to the new baby. I worry about how *I* will adjust to having a newborn and a toddler. I worry about getting even less sleep than I do now. I'm worried about loving another child (I know logically that you do but it's hard to wrap my brain around).

I woke up this morning stressing over having to go to the hospital, and my mom staying here, and stuff like that. She watches my sister's kids a few days a week, and it hit me that it might coincide with the time she will be here... and, this will sound selfish, but I don't want them over here. My mom turns things into a zoo when she's with those kids, and I just want those days to be low key around here, and for my house to stay clean and ready for a baby.

I know that I am thinking too much but that's just how I am. My husband doesn't stress about stuff like this, so someone has to think about how things will get done, or where they'll sleep, and things like that. I don't know, I'm just starting to worry more and feel more anxiety about things. I wish I was having a home birth.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
sandyj21
Registered Users
seller

wordbox,

I remember sitting with my oldest and crying because I knew he wouldnt be my only one ever again. He was about 16 months old. I cryed. But ofcourse we adjused and when he saw her it was like he found his long lost friend.

I am actually excited about going to the midwife today. I enjoy the quite time to myself. I am afriad I my be there for a few hours though. I have to go to the pharmacy at the hospital and it is never less than a hour there. So much for the military being more efficiant. Plus I am late for my Rhogahm (spelling?) shot and I need it to day too. yuck I hate this one. it really hurts.
Anyone remember what week of pregnancy you are supposed to get this shot?

You ladies that are moving... How is it going? I have been thinking about how hard it would be at this point in my pregnancy. I am thinking about and praying for you. I hope all is going smoth.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox
I've been feeling a bit panicky about things lately. I mean, I'm excited, and I'm "prepared" overall... but it's hitting me that this is happening soon. I worry about my son, who will be two next month. I get really sad thinking of our time as him as our only child coming to an end. I worry about how he'll adjust to the new baby. I worry about how *I* will adjust to having a newborn and a toddler. I worry about getting even less sleep than I do now. I'm worried about loving another child (I know logically that you do but it's hard to wrap my brain around).

I woke up this morning stressing over having to go to the hospital, and my mom staying here, and stuff like that. She watches my sister's kids a few days a week, and it hit me that it might coincide with the time she will be here... and, this will sound selfish, but I don't want them over here. My mom turns things into a zoo when she's with those kids, and I just want those days to be low key around here, and for my house to stay clean and ready for a baby.

I know that I am thinking too much but that's just how I am. My husband doesn't stress about stuff like this, so someone has to think about how things will get done, or where they'll sleep, and things like that. I don't know, I'm just starting to worry more and feel more anxiety about things. I wish I was having a home birth.

I can relate to almost everything you wrote! I feel a little less excited lately and more worried. I think partly it is bc im so tired and feel like crap cause Im not sleeping as well as usual and dd gets up very early. I, too, am concerned for my sleep after lo comes, and about home maintenance, and about my children and making space for another! Im worried about $, too, since I will be finished working in 3 wks. I think i really just need to spend time w/ God.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

33 weeks here too and I am soooo tired of the twins comments, no there's just 1 in there! My first 3 babies came 3 to 4 weeks early so I'm expecting this one to make his grand entrance in 4 weeks or so...if he's like his siblings, we'll see!

The stress level is definitely building though. Worrying about how it'll "all go down" when labor starts, like what will the kids be doing, will it be the middle of the night, will DH be at work, who's driving me to the hospital, will I even make it to the hospital in time, the PAIN, will the kids be ok w/o me for a few days, etc.

I've become much more emotional lately, crying over every little thing! I looked in on my youngest while she was sleeping last night and cried because she won't be the baby anymore and I cried when I thought of how big my boys are now.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone.

Emily, yes, those are many of the same worries I have. My son woke up at 5:30 this morning, and I laid there thinking, 'What the heck am I going to do if the baby is sleeping? Or up at 4?' Sometimes throughout the day I'll just try to picture a baby being in the room. I know we'll adjust and people add babies to their families every day, but it's just hard to really picture. And then we also don't know what kind of babies we'll have... will they sleep well? Will they be colicky? Will they be easygoing?

I go back and forth from being excited to being terrified. I just try to remember that this is happening no matter what, and that I need to just go with flow. I wish my husband was more into the baby planning and talked about it more, I feel like I'm in it by myself. I feel like there isn't anyone around me that I can really talk to about it or that can relate while also easing my mind. My mom usually just freaks me out more... she compares everything to my sister, and my sister's second child was VERY intense and so my mom makes me feel almost guilty like I'm doing something terrible to our first child. Not on purpose, she doesn't realize she's doing it, it's just with little things she says.

Sandy, I hope your shot goes well. And yeah, I've definitely cried over my son not being my only child anymore, and how much is going to change for us. I have mixed emotions over it, though. He's my world, but we planned this and I know having a sibling will be great for him, and that I'll be glad they're close in age (my sister and I were 7 years apart, so we weren't close growing up and I always wanted a sibling to play with).

Yes, movers, how is it going? I cannot imagine moving right now! Holy cow. When my sister was pregnant with her first child, they bought a house right before she gave birth. They moved over the weekend, unpacked the essentials, and on Sunday night/Monday morning (in the middle of the night) her water broke, and baby was born Monday afternoon. Try not to cut it THAT close, okay?

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomother View Post
33 weeks here too and I am soooo tired of the twins comments, no there's just 1 in there! My first 3 babies came 3 to 4 weeks early so I'm expecting this one to make his grand entrance in 4 weeks or so...if he's like his siblings, we'll see!

The stress level is definitely building though. Worrying about how it'll "all go down" when labor starts, like what will the kids be doing, will it be the middle of the night, will DH be at work, who's driving me to the hospital, will I even make it to the hospital in time, the PAIN, will the kids be ok w/o me for a few days, etc.

I've become much more emotional lately, crying over every little thing! I looked in on my youngest while she was sleeping last night and cried because she won't be the baby anymore and I cried when I thought of how big my boys are now.
We were posting at the same time.

But I just wanted to add, I am having those same thoughts. I'm trying not to stress, but it was so different the last time around (with my first child). When I didn't have anyone else to worry about, except for the dogs but that was easy to plan for (they just went to my parents' house and my dad came and got them). This time I have a toddler to worry about. My husband travels a lot for work, and while he doesn't have any real trips coming up, it's common for him to be a 2-3 hours away on any given day. My mom is supposed to stay here with our son and our dog, but I still worry about the logistics of it all. It doesn't help that our son is a difficult sleeper. And my mom makes things so difficult sometimes... I love her and she has good intentions, but everything has to be a big production and I just want things to be calm around here while I'm at the hospital, you know?

I wish I knew when this baby would come. Our son was born 10 days early.

I've been more emotional, too. I'm a pretty sentimental person, but yeah, the things you mentioned are enough to set me off. Plus my son's second birthday is just a few weeks away, I cried my eyes out when he turned one so I imagine this won't be much easier knowing that any time after that the baby could come along.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomother View Post

Wow! I wish this lo would come at least a week early. Dd came on her due date and ds was induced around the due date. Very exciting to think in wks your could be holding your baby!
I like the way you phrased it, "worrying about getting it all done". That is exactly what is going on in a nutshell...and the pain. The braxton hicks are not only a wonderful reminder that baby's arrival is around the corner, but also a scary reminder of the pain!
I cried in dh's arm last night. I was just so over tired and hormonal, I couldn't help myself. And then I was able to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
Thanks everyone.

Emily, yes, those are many of the same worries I have. My son woke up at 5:30 this morning, and I laid there thinking, 'What the heck am I going to do if the baby is sleeping? Or up at 4?' Sometimes throughout the day I'll just try to picture a baby being in the room. I know we'll adjust and people add babies to their families every day, but it's just hard to really picture. And then we also don't know what kind of babies we'll have... will they sleep well? Will they be colicky? Will they be easygoing?

This exactly. Dd usually doesn't get up earlier than 5:45, but that is still way too early for this mama! Esp on those nights lately when I just cannot get to sleep. I am waiting for an amazon gc to clear swagbucks and then probably buying one of those toddler clocks. Dd is 25 mo and old enough to understand.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyj21 View Post
when you tell someone "im due in aug." And then they make a huge deal about being pregnant through the hot summer. And how "huge you look... are you sure it's not twins? " Three people asked me that the other day.
This happens to me ALL the time. So funny.