Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #21
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Facing my second breech c-section :( Help me with my birth plan.

Sadly, at 37.5 weeks now she is still breech. She never flipped any other position. She was breech fro 28 weeks on (confirmed via ultrasound bi-weekly or weekly). I don't have a roomy uterus, apparently.

I am on schedule for a c-section at 39 weeks 3 days on July 24. Thanks for all your input mamas.

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdavidsmama View Post
The X-ray/MRI is because she was breech. It's really not necessary. If there's something wrong with their hips, you'll know it later and they won't do anything about it until later either.

Sorry mama! Thanks - I'll ask for that!
We had an ultrasound done on my 2nd son (who was breech) to check his hips. They can do the ultrasound before your child turns 6 mos. old. After that it's x-rays. Our laid back care provider was insistant on having it done and we were okay with the ultrasound. I'd much prefer that vs. an x-ray if it's needed down the road.

Also, even if you see something is off with the hips later on.. they'd still want to do an x-ray to help diagnose it. If they can catch it early on, early intervention can help your baby. The earlier dealt with, usually the better... JMO
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #23
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Also, the ultrasound wasn't something the ob or the hospital-provided pediatrician wanted us to do... they did not even mention it. It was mentioned by OUR ped. at a well-baby check up. So I don't know if that's something maternity depts. would even attempt to do after birth...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #24
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry that the baby is still breech and you are facing another repeat c-section but I am glad that you are emotionally prepared this time. My last was still transverse/oblique at 36 weeks and I was FREAKING out. After lots of inversions, heat/cold, massage...I finally tried the chiro and she was able to get off of my hip and go head down. I was so panicky for the next 6 weeks (yes she was 13 days late) but she stayed that way and we had another home birth. I pray that your LO will move into an ideal position but if not, I continue to pray for peace about the c-section.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdavidsmama
I am on schedule for a c-section at 39 weeks 3 days on July 24. Thanks for all your input mamas.
24th is a pretty awesome birthday (its mine) Hope it all goes well, you've got a good plan.

Sent from my DROID2 using DS Forum
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #26
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

By 2 breech C sections were really smooth. After acupuncture, moxybustin, endless weeks spent on all fours hanging my belly, etc., I determined with DD (kid #1) that I was "giving up the fight". I began to realize whether it was her or my body shape, she wasn't turning and I was going to enjoy my last weeks with her in my belly. I figured I had many battles to pick in parenting, and this was one I didn't need to win.

It turns out the cord was actually wrapped around her neck. Thank heavens that we didn't attempt a version!!!!

As for the hip ultrasound, it should be done at 6 weeks old. Because of the long term breech positioning, there can be effects on the child's hips. My 2 kids were fine. Girls are more likely than boys to a problem, but it's always good to have the ultrasound.

Best wishes!
HugeBabyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
I'm sorry that the baby is still breech and you are facing another repeat c-section but I am glad that you are emotionally prepared this time. My last was still transverse/oblique at 36 weeks and I was FREAKING out. After lots of inversions, heat/cold, massage...I finally tried the chiro and she was able to get off of my hip and go head down. I was so panicky for the next 6 weeks (yes she was 13 days late) but she stayed that way and we had another home birth. I pray that your LO will move into an ideal position but if not, I continue to pray for peace about the c-section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBabyBoy View Post
By 2 breech C sections were really smooth. After acupuncture, moxybustin, endless weeks spent on all fours hanging my belly, etc., I determined with DD (kid #1) that I was "giving up the fight". I began to realize whether it was her or my body shape, she wasn't turning and I was going to enjoy my last weeks with her in my belly. I figured I had many battles to pick in parenting, and this was one I didn't need to win.

It turns out the cord was actually wrapped around her neck. Thank heavens that we didn't attempt a version!!!!

As for the hip ultrasound, it should be done at 6 weeks old. Because of the long term breech positioning, there can be effects on the child's hips. My 2 kids were fine. Girls are more likely than boys to a problem, but it's always good to have the ultrasound.

Best wishes!
I passed on the version this time as well. She's still breech at 39 weeks today. Scheduled for Tuesday morning with an umbilical hernia repair as well. Ugh.