Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters - short row help please!!

BTW, when I do the EviePants pattern, I do German SRs at least for the zigzag SRs. It's the best/easiest method I've found for that last gap closing, coming around the round rather than working back-and-forth. Doesn't look quite as good as the "normal" gap closings worked flat back-and-forth, but it's OK and the best I've found so far.

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am a new knitter! I don't find the pattern too bad but I'll definitely be buying the other one to try!

And thank you for all the added information! I get so discouraged when it doesn't look pretty so maybe I should do some swatches and practice different techniques until I find what I'm completely happy with.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria
I am a new knitter! I don't find the pattern too bad but I'll definitely be buying the other one to try!

And thank you for all the added information! I get so discouraged when it doesn't look pretty so maybe I should do some swatches and practice different techniques until I find what I'm completely happy with.
Yes many people have many favorites for different types of projects.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallaway
BTW, when I do the EviePants pattern, I do German SRs at least for the zigzag SRs. It's the best/easiest method I've found for that last gap closing, coming around the round rather than working back-and-forth. Doesn't look quite as good as the "normal" gap closings worked flat back-and-forth, but it's OK and the best I've found so far.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my zig zag short rows always look great. It's the other 3 sets of short rows that look bad on one side only. I'm going to do it this time with the shadow wrap and hopefully it will look good.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdra View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my zig zag short rows always look great. It's the other 3 sets of short rows that look bad on one side only. I'm going to do it this time with the shadow wrap and hopefully it will look good.
I could have written this post...

I just swatched and tried the shadow and the german methods. German looks better to me.
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't looked at it yet, but this might be something else to look at...it's free, so even if it stinks, the only thing you've wasted is your time.