Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
unexplained fever

Asher, 17 months was completely normal this morning. Ate, drank, played, watched cartoons, ran around, laughed ect.
He napped at 10 like normal. Woke up, and one cheek was kinda red and really hot, but no where else and he seemed fine.Jason(DH) took him to a local park after nap. He didn't wanna play, didn't show emotion at all. He didn't like anything there, didn't wanna run. Nothing. Very not normal.
They decided to come home after 10 minutes.
Ran to walmart to pick up some things. He fell asleep in stroller. Again. Not normal.
Came home. He sat on the couch with daddy for 15 minutes and didn't move, cuddled. Not normal.
Took his temp. 102 under the arm, it was still steadily moving when he started squirming. Also noticed he is really really red.
Gave hime tylenol and Jason wanted him to lay down.
Now what?
Its never been that high, so quickly.
I'm really kinda scared.
He went to sleep within a second, which again is not normal.

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: unexplained fever

I would just watch him closely. Last time my daughter had a fever it wasn't related to anything else that I could tell; she just went to sleep, slept all night, and then it was gone in the morning. She was probably around the same age. Remember that fever is the body's way of fighting off something, so as long as it doesn't get too high, it's a sign that his immune system is working the way that it should be.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had an unexplained high fever that turned out to be hand, foot and mouth. The fever showed 2 days before anything else. If he starts not wanting to eat check his throat/inside of mouth for blisters. Not saying that's what it is but having just gone through it that's my advice. Also, When we went to the Dr. to find out what our kids had they said there have been huge outbreaks of it all over.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would call your child's pediatrician.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:
He slept for 30-40 minutes woke up screaming and crying. I rocked him and he fell back asleep whimpering. So unlike him. I hate this. He was sooo hot and had red, red cheeks.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I would call your child's pediatrician.
I tried. 2 offices triage nurse, no one answered. How stupid!
Even when he had RSV it never went over 99.. its 102, and it was still climbing but he wouldn't sit still any longer.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd take him to urgent care.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

stick him a lukewarm bath for 10-15 minutes, recheck his temp 15 min after the bath. If he's still hot, take him in.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

If its a persistent fever with no other symptoms, it could be roseola. Ds had a fever of 104-105 that Tylenol wouldn't touch for 4 days. ER did a catheter to check for infection and sent us home. Our doc called and said if a rash appeared as the fever broke it was roseola, which is exactly what happened. I wish I knew in the beginning what it was, would have been much less scary. Ibuprofen did bring the fever down for us.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
khbordelon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 15 month old DD had 102 of fever 2 days ago. Just like your DS she acted normal all morning and after her nap was quite hot. Took her temp:102 with no other symptoms. Gave tylenol and it went down some. She was a little cranky all afternoon and seemed bothered by something. She kept on moving her bottom jaw sideways and she even bit me, which she never did before. Turn out tooth #7 was coming out and tooth #8 shouldn't be far behind. Fever was gone the next day.