Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: unexplained fever

I would recheck his temp since you gave the Tylenol and if it hasn't come down, I would take him to urgent care. Hand, Foot & Mouth disease/virus is going around right now. My son has been sick since Saturday I hope your DS feels better soon.

Advertisement

Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sometimes Tylenol doesn't work but Advil (ibuprofen) does. Half my kids Tylenol works and the other half Advil works, idk why. It could easily be a tooth, an ear infection, fighting an illness. Go with your mommy instincts if you feel he needs a dr. Otherwise try Advil or other home remedies to help him feel better. Hugs.
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

The fever is treating whatever his body is fighting off. Did he have a vaccination recently? Does he have any other signs or symptoms? If so, call your doctor. If not, 102 isn't really that high, it is a good productive fever, so let it runs its course unless it spikes or his behavior changes or he has any other signs/symptoms. Giving him a fever reducer like tylenol or ibuprofen will prevent his body from working the way it needs to work. A fever is the treatment, not the disease. At 18 months (if I calculated that right) he is fine to cook it at that temp, just keep an eye on him, plenty of fluids and rest, no sugar, good healthy foods (garlic is great), vitamin C, and mama love.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals
The fever is treating whatever his body is fighting off. Did he have a vaccination recently? Does he have any other signs or symptoms? If so, call your doctor. If not, 102 isn't really that high, it is a good productive fever, so let it runs its course unless it spikes or his behavior changes or he has any other signs/symptoms. Giving him a fever reducer like tylenol or ibuprofen will prevent his body from working the way it needs to work. A fever is the treatment, not the disease. At 18 months (if I calculated that right) he is fine to cook it at that temp, just keep an eye on him, plenty of fluids and rest, no sugar, good healthy foods (garlic is great), vitamin C, and mama love.
This.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

My 14 mo old has had this happen twice the last few months...our explanation has been teeth. She likes to get them all at once (like 4 at a time) and it takes a toll on their little bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Well I am glad I listened to my heart. He ended up at an Urgent care after his Pediatrician didn't know what was wrong. By that time even with tylenol/motrin it was 103.7. no ear infection, not teeth.not hfm. or rosaelo. Forgot to mention he wouldn't eat or drink. He had a really bad head to tow rash. His pediatrician didn't like it, so thats why he sent us over there.
CBC showed high white blood count, and low platelets. And the rash was patecial(sp).
He has some kind of infection but he couldn't decide if it was viral or bacterial. So he was given a shot of a antibiotic and some motrin again.
He is in bed now.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'm sorry mama, please keep a close eye on him, I'd be up tonight checking on him and watching the fever all night and tomorrow morning.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:
Follow up at 8:15 in the morning.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #19
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Watching this for an update. We are also battling unexplained high fever.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #20
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals

I usually would agree. But I think I had mentioned that his behavior had changed.
He wouldn't drink anything. Even as of this morning he won't drink.
He has a rash now, from his head to his little feet and all over his arm.
He hasn't had any vaccinations recently and besides the rash that showed up while in the Drs office no other symptoms.
I can't imagine not giving your child some sort of fever reducer if he is physically miserable. Sure 102 may not be that high, but if he doesn't feel good, lethargic, won't eat or drink and is just crying wouldn't you wanna give him something to make him feel better?