Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Diaper cream

I need a cloth safe diaper cream that I can buy at a grocery store/babies r us/target. Does anyone know of one or what to look for that is not "safe"?
I really don't have time to order online, dd needs it today, and there are no cloth friendly stores very close to me.
TIA!

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
D&MsMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper cream

Burts Bees has a diaper cream you can use. Also, one from Method. Both you can find at Target. There is one by California Baby that is cloth diaper safe but I would stay away from it. They changed their formula, and I have heard of a lot of babies having problems with it. Hope I helped!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Coconut oil maybe? If it's serious though I always just use Triple Paste and a prefold or flat and it comes right out.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

We use California Baby from Target. We have pockets and don't have any problems with repelling. If you have a rash already, you'll probably need something stronger though. It seems to be a better preventative cream. We use it at every diaper change and since we started using it at 4 weeks, there's been no diaper rash.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
pbt1294
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With our last baby, (not the current one). I noticed she would "catch her breath" when I would use California Baby rash cream on her bottom. Then her older sister told me that it burned when I used it on a red rash she had on hers. I think it is supposed to have menthol or something like that in it for a cooling effect, but my kiddos didn'tlike it one bit. I would stick with the Burt's Bees. Or go cut up a little thin flannel blanket, if you don't have anything to protect your diapers, and use one of the creams that aren't diaper safe.
Christian, hsing, bfing, cding, cosleeping, knitting, crocheting mom to Hannah (13), Rebekah (11), Sophia (9), Eli (7), Lydia (5), Ella (2) and Joshua (1mth). Wife to my best friend, the HOT Rev. Brent Thomas
pbt1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

I've used a couple different Cali baby products and they burn my son's skin. he screamed bloody murder and cried. So sad. I'll never use anything from them again. Coconut oil is the only thing I will use since its the one thing that doesn't bother him even with the worst rash. Even cj's butter hurts
Old 06-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think I'll give the Burt's bees a try. She has super sensitive skin, so I really don't want to do anything too harsh. I totally forgot about a health food store not too far away that I buy our sunscreen at. They carry berts bees and may have other brands too. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2sammy
I think I'll give the Burt's bees a try. She has super sensitive skin, so I really don't want to do anything too harsh. I totally forgot about a health food store not too far away that I buy our sunscreen at. They carry berts bees and may have other brands too. Thanks!
My son had a really bad reaction to their baby products.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Grandma El's. It's awesome! It's lanolin based, so you need to wash in hot to wash it off, but it does wash off of both synthetics and natural fibers easily. I saw it at Publix the other day and I know Target carries it. It has a pink label.

I thought Burt's Bees was okay, and used it years ago, and I still (5.5y later) have stains on my prefolds from it.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by L J
Grandma El's. It's awesome! It's lanolin based, so you need to wash in hot to wash it off, but it does wash off of both synthetics and natural fibers easily. I saw it at Publix the other day and I know Target carries it. It has a pink label.
sadly, I've never seen Grandma El's anywhere near me, not even at our Targets. I think a lot of these things must be regional.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote