Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #11
candicesj
Registered Users

Re: Due Yesterday - Tips Anyone?!

Thanks for all the ideas and support. I do have an exercise ball that I'll use and I'm trying to walk as much as I can and I shoot the basketball whenever I'm in the mood. The slight jumping can only help, and beating whoever I'm against can only help me feel better too, haha.

I'm gonna go see for EPO within the next couple hours. We don't have Target here, but I'll go on a search in other stores.

Advertisement

Candice, mommy to Nora (born May 8, 2007), pregnant with baby #2 (due Oct 29, 2011)!
candicesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #12
hacandsac
Registered Users
seller

DTD= Do The Deed
TBD= The Baby Dance
The both mean go have sex

You will go into labor on your own when your body and baby are ready weather you do EPO or TBD or whatever. Some babies just cook longer. 38-42wks is the norm and lots of moms if left alone would go to 44wk and have perfectly normal births and healthy babies. You wont be prego forever it just feels like it.
hacandsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #13
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

S E X

go get it on mama.....lol
Old 05-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #14
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

great minds think alike Elizabeth....
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #15
hollydlr
Registered Users
seller

All the suggestions so far are what I would say too....although I have heard that you can use castor oil packs on your belly instead of drinking it and it won't cause the strong tummy side effects. Also acupressure and acupuncture might be something to think about.

This might make you feel better: Did you know that the 40-wk pregnancy length is totally arbitrary? Some OB in the early 1800's randomly decided thats how long pregnancy is, but an actual study conducted in 1990 found that first time moms went an avg of 8 days longer, and moms with prior births went 3 days longer. So don't consider yourself "overdue" just yet! My DH and I don't even mention the "due date" - we just say the baby is due sometime in the middle of June - if he comes any time during June or even the 1st wk of July, I won't consider him late... Placentas do not have a turkey timer on them - they don't just suddenly quit working - so as long as your baby is moving well and checks out on biophysical profiles, just leave it be - you'll be miserable, but it can't go on forever! Induction can have some serious consequences, so its best reserved for times when there is a medical need for it. Hang in there!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #16
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Just relax and enjoy these last few days with your baby. They are much easier to take care of while they are still hanging out inside than they are after they are born. On average caucasian women deliver their first baby at 42 weeks. Well... when they don't cave to the medical industry. Don't do anything drastic to rush that little girl out; she knows better than anyone else when she needs to make her appearance.
All that said, when I was at the 42 week mark myself, I consumed an entire fresh pineapple and had a baby 8 hours later. I think I was going to have him that day anyway, but the pineapple seemed to help the contractions become more intense, and I have a very, very short (barely 5 hour) labor.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
candicesj
Registered Users

Thanks mamas, you're really convincing me to continue with my original plan of letting it all happen when my body and baby were ready for it. I'm still trying to make the doctors go a little later than they seem to want to, but I admit that I was really caving about the 11th (10 days late). If everything checks out well at my ultrasound on Monday (if I'm still pregnant by then, which I feel I will be), I will try to put the induction for later. They can just test me again the next Monday if they need to.

I got some EPO tonight, btw. Hopefully it will help things along a little. I know that I have a lot of BH contractions too, but I haven't had any pain or bloody show or anything. Just pressure and painless contractions. It can only help though!
Candice, mommy to Nora (born May 8, 2007), pregnant with baby #2 (due Oct 29, 2011)!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #18
candicesj
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
S E X

go get it on mama.....lol
I wish! My husband is out of the country. Well... he was never *in* my country, I was in his. Anyway...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #19
Isabellasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did it all EPO, Black cohosh, fresh pineapple, sex, lots of walking and castor oil and nipple stimulation. I am not sure what worked but something worked I finally went into labor 5 days after my due date and had a sucessful VBAC and my labor progressed right along. Keep trying mama the baby has to come out eventually, it will come when you least expect it!! Good luck, labor vibes coming your way
Isabellasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #20
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good luck and for labor!
i went to 43 weeks by ovulation or 42, almost 43 LMP and was induced with my son, i had NO indication of labor, but had been dialated almost to a 2 for 12 weeks. fun.
Anyway, bromelain (though im not sure if i spelled it right) is the pineapple enzyme that helps.
epo is good.

well..for most people, lol i started both of those things and the ball bouncing at 35 weeks. yeah, it helped me TONS but maybe it will help you
and none of this will actually indcue you, just help you get ready unless your body wants to go, like everyone else said. and ive been eating a whole pineapple once every couple days as it is NOW, ive eaten 7 in the past 2 weeks lol and no contractions or anything so it definitely doesnt do it unless youre ready!

i hope you get to see your husband soon since i have no idea whats up
and more for an easy labor soon
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote