Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #11
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh op! Dd1 is the girliest as they come and the poor thing has a tomboy for a mom lol I can braid, french braid and do pig tails but thats it. I know in makeup less is more(unlike bratz-that comment made me literaly lol btw ) but thats about it-a lil shadow, mascara, maybe some powder, and lip tint is as fancy as I get lol I dont do nails...at all. Thankfully she has my mom, a good friend of mine, and nail salons. Her bday next yr (8) will be a 1st trip of many Im sure to get her toes and fingers done lol Dd2(5) likes to fancy it up a bit but nothing like her sister. I really need this baby to be a boy lol

Advertisement

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #12
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh crud, my poor daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebee View Post
Don't worry about it. She'll learn it from her friends. And from the Bratz dolls.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #13
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
LOL! Glad somebody got my snark! Sorry OP I was not being snarky in a mean way to you. We have 3 daughters and dressing them is a PITA already. Sometimes when we walk around we see groups of teenagers dressed like crack-ho's. DH and I just look at each other and shake our heads and say 'What are we in for...' It's a scary thought. My poor DH. Them dressing like their friends or like celebrities is one of my biggest fears! Hopefully we raise them right and it never comes to that.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

to be fair, she's probably going to ask her friends instead of her mom :P

but really, you will grow into it. I am a major tomboy who likes to look cute. but I feel horrible for my daughter because it's easy for me to scrunch mousse into my hair, but her hair? you can tell her momma is clueless.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was, am, and always will be a tomboy. DD, on the other hand, is all girl!! Luckily, most of my friends and my mom are into that stuff and keep her loaded with all things girly :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

We just had some friend over to play today. Her two girl were wearing matching outfits, including matching bows in their hair and matching shoes. My girls get to pick out their own clothes and have nothing matching at all. But they are happy and love dressing themselves. I say who cared how they are dressed as long as they are covered. When she is old enough if she is interested in more girly things. Maybe by then she will have a friend who's mom enjoys those things and can teach your daughter with hers.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Don't worry about it. She'll learn it from her friends. And from the Bratz dolls.

I was not a super girly girl but I did wear make up and wore some girly clothes, sorta half and half.
However I *never* asked my mom for advice on any of that stuff.
I just figured it out on my own and with my friends.

I mean come on this is the youtube generation!
She can "just google it."

However I admit I love dressing my baby up girly clothes.
I just got her gymbo stuff in the mail and my goodness is it adorable!!
Im going to dress her like I wanna while shell still let me.

Last edited by wonton; 06-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.
wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm the complete opposite, SO girly DD already has tons of bows and dresses waiting for her arrival! My sister has decided it is her job as auntie to help tomboy up my DD if terra Lynn decides she wants to be sporty and tomboyish I'll have to call my sister for help I do have the girlie part covered though

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #19
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom couldn't do hair or makeup, so when I wanted help I'd go to friends. No one wants their makeup to look like their mothers's anyways. I wouldn't worry.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #20
blackberry75
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
LOL! Glad somebody got my snark! Sorry OP I was not being snarky in a mean way to you. We have 3 daughters and dressing them is a PITA already. Sometimes when we walk around we see groups of teenagers dressed like crack-ho's. DH and I just look at each other and shake our heads and say 'What are we in for...' It's a scary thought. My poor DH. Them dressing like their friends or like celebrities is one of my biggest fears! Hopefully we raise them right and it never comes to that.
I thought the comment was funny, accurate and my worst nightmare. How much worse do you think those dolls will be by the time my Bean is old enough to not be allowed to play w/ them?
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote