Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

High absorbency trainers?

my DS1 is mostly good on the potty but as soon as he falls asleep its over. The problem I have is that when we go out for errands. I need a trainer/pull up style so I can take him potty more easily but still have enough absorbency that when he falls asleep in the carseat on the way home that I dont have to wash the cover.

what's out there like that? spam?

(bonus points for some that will be on sale for the holiday or that I can buy in the same transaction as buy 5 get 1 BG 4.0)

Advertisement

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.

Last edited by mamahen; 06-29-2012 at 06:48 AM.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
my3sweetpeas
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: High absorbency trainers?

Have you looked at the new Best Bottom Trainers? There are also the Flip Trainers and Super Undies are the top 3 I would recommend to you.

(we have the bg sales & FuzziBunz sale too, we also have some other sales and promotions like 10% off code summerheat or a free medium Planet Wise wet bag!)
my3sweetpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
slw71881
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Snap EZ isn't pull up, really, but it's stuffable and really absorbant. Super undies pockets are pretty absorbant (depending which insert you put in them), but you can't leave them on for a long time after they're wet or else the side, stretchy bands wick.
slw71881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
3rugrats
Registered Users
seller

happy heiney's stuffable trainers though you will need to put him in bigger shorts. they are very poofy in the pocket. if he has skinny legs though, you could size down as they are very generously cut.
3rugrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
moonlitmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm loving our Mother Goose designs trainers. You can get them with PUL or without and they're holding up great for my DS who is still in the early days of PL'ing.
moonlitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
mlhmrsdds
Registered
seller

My Mood:

The Charlie Banana organic trainers and the Sprout Change organic ones both hold a lot, I tested them as full diapers on my son (he isn't training yet) and they held up great. My 4 year old wears a sprout change overnight.
We have them both on sale at www.thegreenbabystore.com plus a great giveaway chance.

If you want to go with WAHM I agree with Mothergoose designs! Such a great mama!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like the fit of superundies. You can adjust the absorbancy in the pocket ones. The AIO has 3-4 layers of MF. I hate MF, but even the pocket ones have one layer. I've also always heard great things about tinkle time trainers.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhmrsdds View Post
The Charlie Banana organic trainers and the Sprout Change organic ones both hold a lot, I tested them as full diapers on my son (he isn't training yet) and they held up great. My 4 year old wears a sprout change overnight.
We have them both on sale at www.thegreenbabystore.com plus a great giveaway chance.

If you want to go with WAHM I agree with Mothergoose designs! Such a great mama!
Do either of these trainers have stretchy side panels? I haven't seen many pics, and none on kiddos, and I'm curious about them. Are they easy to get up and down? Are they poofy in the front like happy heiny? What does the fit compare to?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw71881 View Post
Snap EZ isn't pull up, really, but it's stuffable and really absorbant. Super undies pockets are pretty absorbant (depending which insert you put in them), but you can't leave them on for a long time after they're wet or else the side, stretchy bands wick.
About the superundies...really? Are you using the AIO or the pocket? I use the pockets overnight with both my girls and I don't think we've ever had a leak in them. I've never tried the AIO...maybe that's the difference?

Sorry for clogging up the thread with three posts in a row!!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
MomBecks
Registered Users

I really liked Sprout Change trainers too because they hold SO much (more like an AIO that pulls on) but they elastic is nice and stretchy so they're easy to pull on. They don't have stretchy side panels like Flips but don't really need it. HTH!