Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Glad yall got some sleep!! It's hard not to be judgemental about things we cant/dont/wont try to understand isn't it? We've all been there. Live and learn right?

House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
Registered Users
Re: To all the CIOers

Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post
Thank you for posting this, OP. My 21 month old DS has never routinely STTN and has gotten progressively worse. We are going to try to let him CIO tonight.

I hate to do it but I'm starting to lose my mind from the lack of sleep. Remembering your success will be an encouragement to me at 2am.
Good luck! I hope you have success.

Tonight is night #4 and DD cried for 1 minute- no lie, and then was out cold, sleeping.

She still comes in bed with us when she wakes in the middle of the night, but I am just happy that she is falling asleep at her bed time, in her crib. Prior to this, she wouldn't sleep until we went to bed with her...then she'd nurse all night long.
It's nice to have her sleeping better and me getting some sleep and "me time."
Rae- Mama to Audri born 10/10/11
Swagbucks earn me $$$
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #33
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
My Mood:

DS didn't sleep through the night until almost two. CIO would not have suited his temperament at all. He now sings himself to sleep LOL Something just clicked and he started sleeping. (Thank HEAVENS )

Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
But it didn't really have to do with the discussion. It wasn't about whether one should do CIO or not or how it might be harmful, but was the OP saying sorry for judging other mothers. A random statement about how CIO made her children clingy seemed like the poster was judging the OP for the very thing the OP was sorry about judging others for.
So it didn't work for her. Several other people commented that it did not work for some of their kids. Why pick on her comment? She tried CIO, it made her kids clingy. The end. Where is the judgement you see?

Last edited by Joyful Tie Dyes; 06-30-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #34
Registered Users

It great when parents are willing to try something out of their comfort zone to try to find out what's best for their one individual child. Even better to admit that that they were wrong about what those things outside that comfort zone meant. It's hard to be open minded sometimes and it's great when a parent tries to be for the sake of their kids. Great job op!
Kim-married to Dan
Mama to Caiti (17), Rae Rae (4), Dani Lee(2), and CJ, born 10/12/12.
Stuff From Kim's Kloset That Special Moment Photography Also come check out Swagbucks with me!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
Registered Users
Glad it worked out well for you. I have considered some sort of sleep training--DS (now 10 months) requires nursing to sleep at naps and at night. He started cosleeping with me around 5 wks and will not sleep alone. Sometimes I can sneak away after getting him to sleep, but more often than not, his sleeping = my being stuck in bed with him, and it is frustrating to be so tied down.

I think the biggest reason I haven't done it is the AP argument that CIO shuts down communication between parent and child, but you haven't reported any emotional distancing of your LO, so maybe it's not really an Issue...
mamma_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #36
Registered Users
My Mood:

my kids are 3 & worked on one and not the other...I'm a light sleeper so co-sleeping didn't work much past newbie stage......but we muddled through. Now that DD3 has a full size bed I lay down with her but she knows I won't stay the whole night....just til she's comfortable and calm (she has trouble winding down....DS on the other hand is an on/ off kind of boy). DD has also been known to sneak in my bed in the early am, which if it's not too early she is allowed to stay. DS has slept in his own bed since he was 2 mos old, and I don't feel there's that much communication going on when he is in a sleep coma (he sleeps through tornado sirens....seriously) and we are very close emotionally. All children are so very different, but parents can guide their children as they mature.
Michelle, Mama to W (9/06) & I (11/08) & E (10/19/12)
MomdeIsla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #37
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was similar with my oldest. I wasn't against it but thought I wouldn't need it. Well, I was pg with #2 and wanted #1 sleeping better before his arrival. 3 nights in a row and he was good to go. Much less stressful than everything else. Now with #2 it didn't work quite so sweetly...
Suzi, working mama to my ODS(2004) , YDS(2006), DSD(2004) and married to the love of my life
Suzi is offline   Reply With Quote