Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
earthbabypiratebaby
Registered Users

My little guy will not sit on potty - HELP!

My 10 month old does NOT want to sit on his little potty anymore - cannot be bothered to take the time out of playing/conquering the world! He is a chunker, at 25 lbs, so it is difficult for me to hold him to potty in the sink and cannot seem to get comfortable on an adult potty. He does LOVE to pee standing up: as in I sit him on his potty, he gets right back up, walks a couple steps and pees, looking at me with a big, mischievious grin. Any thoughts on how I can make this work? And he is not even wanting to sit for poops. He just really cannot be contained - he wants to be into EVERYTHING. I've tried playing with him on the potty, singing songs, etc. Cannot find anything to make him stay on the potty!

Advertisement

earthbabypiratebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe focus your attention on what he needs to grow and mature instead of what you want him to. At 10m, hes got other things on his mind than pottying. I promise he'll come back to caring about it...follow your baby, mama! You'll have a lot more fun watching him grow if you're not stressed out about something thats perfectly acceptable for him to be doing at this age

Good luck! Sounds like little man is a strong one!
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: My little guy will not sit on potty - HELP!

Just go with it and hopefully this phase will resolve soon? Not really advice, but hang in there!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about a little bucket for him to pee in standing? Sometimes changing it up will help but it's mostly a stage they go through as playing is more fun than pottying.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about a little bucket for him to pee in standing? Sometimes changing it up will help but it's mostly a stage they go through as playing is more fun than pottying.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Yes, hang in there - it is a phase! When he pees standing up, try putting the potty in the spray so he can see that pee-pee still goes in the potty. Maybe that would make it fun for him during this phase. Or try putting a gold fish for him to pee on in the potty. He probably won't understand the idea but he might be curious about it and it might bring his interest back to the potty... if not, don't worry. Just relax about the potty for a few days/week/whatever and go with it. When he seems interested again, you can pick right back up where you left off, no harm done. It will not undo all the work you've done if he uses diapers for a few days/weeks because he is interested in other things. It'll be okay. I wish someone would have told me that when I was attempting to EC at 6 months. I wish someone would have told me to relax and not think that if he didn't want to use the potty it was the end of the world. It's not - they are smarter than we give them credit. He won't forget how to use the potty.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
chakakhanchakakhan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put this type of seat
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11842736
on the toilet, then pulled up my stool and sat right infront of them and we played pat-a-cake- and sang tons of songs, peek a boo.....etc. My kids thought potty time was too fun . sitting there was 1-1 attention from mommy uniterupted.
If he likes to climb, and would like a seat of his own, this has a step and he can rest his feet when sitting on the toilet.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3518177

wish i knew this was around when my kids were little. It helps with the "do it myself" thing. plus when they do learn how to tell you they have to go, it'd be nice if they could take themselves there.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

there's a urinal if a bucket doesn't work
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Check craigslist if you can't find it new.
GOOD LUCK
LOVE TO YOUR LITTLE BOY! XOXO
chakakhanchakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad I came across this thread. I started to EC with my daughter a little bit about a month or two ago (around 1 year) because she started waking up dry in the mornings. She was really into it and so proud of herself. She peed every morning and sometimes pooped too but lately as soon as I put her down, she pops right back up. She does better if I can sit and play with her but that also seems to be a bit distracting at times from the business she's supposed to be doing. I guess I'll just be excited when it happens and let it go when it doesn't. We'll keep trying. Good luck OP! You're not alone.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote