Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
mummy2lolo
Registered Users
Formerly: cay***ali

Recs for an affordable pocket trainer for naps & night?

I am so happy my 18 MO is doing great with PLing, we are still using diapers for nap & bedtime. I can't get a regular fastening diaper on her anymore, she fights the diaper like crazy - either snaps or velcro so I was going to just use pull ups. BUT LO is allergic to them and got terrible rashes from the side stretchy bits.

So any reccs for an affordable pocket trainer I can use my existing microfibre and bamboo inserts in? I think my DH will kill me at this point if I spend more on CDing, but where we live there aren't many affordable options for pull on type sposies.

I was looking at kissa's, but will they hold up at night? My LO is a pretty heavy night wetter.

Advertisement

mummy2lolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Recs for an affordable pocket trainer for naps & night?

I don't know about the kissas. Never tried those. But HH is pretty cheap, as far as these things go. They look goofy, but if you're only using them for nights and naps it shouldn't be too much of an issue. www.clothdiaperoutlet.com has pocket superundies that are seconds for a pretty good deal. They come with one layer of MF built in, and you add how much you want to that. If you are only using for nights and nap, I would probably size up. We use them for both my DDs and they work great.

Is anyone else starting to feel like this is potty training central around here? There has been a TON of PLing threads in the last week or two.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
mummy2lolo
Registered Users
Formerly: cay***ali

Re: Recs for an affordable pocket trainer for naps & night?

thanks I will check that out

You know a lot of people told me I was nuts when we starting PLing at 16 months - but I stuck with it and am so glad I did.

It was more of a gradual process, but it's so awesome now. We did the pants free method and just offered the toilet every 30 mins - no she can hold it for several hours. We've doing part time elimination communication since 6 months- which also really helped and my LO was used to the potty so young.

I have to admit I am proud of us, especially that we did encounter a fair amount of criticism from friends & family - I just focused on the positive. I knew I wasn't a nutso

Anyways....I have gone totally off topic now!

What about ladder hill or rainshine designs? anyone tried those?
mummy2lolo is offline   Reply With Quote