Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 mamas - July chat

why do my kids hate bed so much, why!?!
grrrr.......and I'll be back cuz I hear kezia crying suddenly and sydney going "sssshhhhhhhhhhh, quiet!"
kids

Advertisement

Last edited by heyuitsme; 07-03-2012 at 07:17 PM.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

ugh, I am super annoyed and super hot....and not hot in a good way (go ahead, ask my about my weight, I dare ya ])
:waiti ng:

ok, now that i've got that out of the way...

and scared everyone out of the thread...

I am now ok *whew* wayne works late tonight and I've just got to blow off some steam. thankgoodness for angry smilie faces...other wise I'd have to take it out on some dishes or something, and heaven forbid I do housework .

sheesh, sydney was in fine form today...called me "stupid mommy" and was an absolute sass all afternoon. and now I've been trying to get her to bed for an hour. she is probably in the hallway now, but as long as she is quiet and I don't know for sure, I'm fine with it. she hates sleeping in her room and always complains about being scared, about not knowing how to sleep and a few other things over and over. she has a cd player, a fan, a light, toys, her fav pillow and blankets and we even "spray" (fabreeze) for spiders cuz a couple surprised her a while back and of course she still remembers. add to it, the fireworks are coming tomorrow and the local partiers will be lighting off their own for a few weeks to follow and she will be in our room for weeks again.

i just want my own room and some time to myself at the end of the day. is that too much to ask!?!?!?! I know, I know, with little kids, yes.

shoot, I'd love to just pee by myself. I almost took an entire shower by myself the otherday...almost. then elijah came in at the tail end, just as I was hurrying up to avoid kids. someone can't go more than 4 minutes without trying to kill someone else around here.

for crying out loud...she just came in so I can tie a knot on her fleece robe.

I give up!

Last edited by heyuitsme; 07-03-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
You know, there are very few posts I tap on to open in my browser and his was one of them. I HAD to see all those smilies.

Totally get ya on the never ending bedtime. We have always had a very strict routine and it worked. Until we moved here. Now ds2 comes out everything. Drives me batty.

Hope they go down soon for ya.

My mom flies in tomorrow. She'll be here for 10 days. Fireworks are banned here bc of the fire danger. I love fireworks shows (professional ones, I don't like them at home) but Dominic is noise sensitive and the loud booms terrify him aI we don't go. Instead we're going to some friends house for a BBQ with our small group from church. My mom is excited to meet them all but I hope she doesn't embarrass me and say something like 'thanks for being my daughters friend!'. She said that before to someone and Apparently I am still her little girl in nursery school.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
You know, there are very few posts I tap on to open in my browser and his was one of them. I HAD to see all those smilies.
lol, yeah we had a pretty awesome night...and that was only the beginning!

sydney colored herself, the wall and her door with sharpie marker, kezia was running a fever and crabby all night (it never cooled off in our house last night, poor thing was just sweating like crazy). I was up til about 4:00 trying to help kezia and stay cool. it actually got hotter in our house overnight. what a night

well, to celebrate the 4th, we are tearing down some walls in the basement (mildew problems), making some screens for our windows so we can open them and maybe taking out the closet in sydney's room. and trying not to die of heat exhaustion! lots of water and icees in our future today.

my parents are coming to help and a couple from church, so it should be fun.

oh, and elijah got bit by a bug and is now scared to go outside. poor bucko
Old 07-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Happy 4th!! We're sitting at the airport waiting for my mom to land.... Snapped this one of the kids in their outfits.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Happy 4th!! We're sitting at the airport waiting for my mom to land.... Snapped this one of the kids in their outfits.

It does not get any cuter than this!! You have beautiful children and great skill at doing Harpers hair.

Even if I can get something in Peytons hair she will still eventually pull it out and try to eat it!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #17
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

It does not get any cuter than this!! You have beautiful children and great skill at doing Harpers hair.

Even if I can get something in Peytons hair she will still eventually pull it out and try to eat it!
Lol Thank you! I didn't put the clips in until we got there and even without them in, she pulled out the rubberbands on the way there. They came out countless times today

Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #18
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Lol Thank you! I didn't put the clips in until we got there and even without them in, she pulled out the rubberbands on the way there. They came out countless times today
Ok good I thought Peyton was just protesting!!!

So lets talk 1st birthday presents.

I am clueless on what to get her and what to tell Grandmas to get her! Any thoughts and ideas?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Cute kids!

My kids have all loved Fisher Price Little People. And Melissa & Doug fill & spill sets. June has a picnic theme one, my niece has the purse and I think Casper will get the tools. They love stuffing them and spilling it all out again.

We hosted a block party yesterday. It was a lot of fun to meet people we normally just wave at. Casper has turned out to be a little flirt. Smiling and pretending to be shy at all the ladies. He didn't mind being passed around, even though he walks just fine!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #20
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

Ok good I thought Peyton was just protesting!!!

So lets talk 1st birthday presents.

I am clueless on what to get her and what to tell Grandmas to get her! Any thoughts and ideas?
I've picked up a couple things from zulily for Harper... A melissa and doug nesting/stacking block set, a pair of western chief rain boots, and a Stella doll. I sold my infant seat/stroller this morning and am going to switch to my Mac full time. The cover is red/silver and dingy and looks worn bc it's from Nathan's infant days so my mom is buying me a replacement cover set for it. Cheaper than buying a new Maclaren techno xt and I can have a cute pink and brown one. other than that I haven't made it very far. I did get her invites in the mail today though so yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl
Cute kids!

My kids have all loved Fisher Price Little People. And Melissa & Doug fill & spill sets. June has a picnic theme one, my niece has the purse and I think Casper will get the tools. They love stuffing them and spilling it all out again.

We hosted a block party yesterday. It was a lot of fun to meet people we normally just wave at. Casper has turned out to be a little flirt. Smiling and pretending to be shy at all the ladies. He didn't mind being passed around, even though he walks just fine!
A block party sounds fun! Is it not very hot there? It's miserable here

So what are the walkers wearing for shoes? Harper has Robeez but they're too hot for her feet right now. Anything else causes falls.