Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #31
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 mamas - July chat

The spots that Brynn had were definately blister like with fluid, not hive-like if that makes sense. If it's more hive-like it's probably roseola....fever for a few days followed by a rash on the torso and neck sometimes spreading to arms and legs. Usually by the time the rash appears they begin to feel better. All my girls have had it...I think Brynn did around 6 months. If you Google both HFM and roseola you can compare her rash to some pics. Praying it's not HFM...that was the sickest my kids have ever been.

Oh, and I know how you feel about being down about your weight...I hate to even think about how much I weigh now. I ordered the Body by Vi shakes...hoping it kick starts some weight loss.

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #32
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, my thought was Roseola too.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #33
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Asking here to avoid a red button topic thread elsewhere....

The one year checkup is coming and I am scared of the shots. I'm overwhelmed with the information out there and don't know where to start reading about how to create a delayed schedule and which shots are more/less urgent. Right now we are just doing a slow version of the recommended schedule, which my dr has created. He's very supportive of my choices but does prefer vaccinated. I plan to fully vax dd but slowly. I think the fact that I have a child with mild Autism just builds my fear. I know the research says it is and isnt related (depending on what you read) but I'm terrified the reactions and the dreaded mmr that everyone seems to loathe.

Please help me with information or calm my fears. I find that the more I know the more afraid I become. I just want to make the right decision.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 07-08-2012 at 08:25 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #34
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs to sick babies!

Luke's off to Duluth until Friday and I'm actually looking forward to it. It'll be nice to get back to normal days after the crazy last 2 weeks. I'm hoping to get a lot of organizing and homework done this week.

My babysitter moved in right across the alley from me yesterday. No more 8 mile drive to get to her house- woot! The girls will like having her kids right here too.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #35
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I HATE the one year visit mostly because of the vaccines. I delay...especially the MMR. Dd3 didn't get hers until right before her 3rd birthday. She did really well with it thankfully. The best book I've found is The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. It is very informative....it allowed me to weed out the most important vaccines to get at each age versus the ones that can be delayed.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #36
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
I HATE the one year visit mostly because of the vaccines. I delay...especially the MMR. Dd3 didn't get hers until right before her 3rd birthday. She did really well with it thankfully. The best book I've found is The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. It is very informative....it allowed me to weed out the most important vaccines to get at each age versus the ones that can be delayed.
I rec this book too!

I hate shots but we do them. Dh hates them too. We delayed with our boys, We had a great ped who was also dh's nephews ped. 2 of them were on the spectrum. We discussed it alot and we both felt that delayed schedule was what was best. I did not get any pressure or "looks"

DD is not delayed vax. I am not comfortable with her ped office but some of the Drs in it are good. Depending who I will see I will discuss it with them.

It is such a hard decision in my opinion even after reading everything.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #37
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
It really is. I'm honestly scared of exposure to thins without them but with them it doesn't seem like its a sure thing either. And with all the unknowns with Autism I had along the chance

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #38
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quick question...is everyone still taking 2 naps? Brynn still is taking 2 hours in the morning and 1.5-2 in the afternoon. She slept in until 9 this morning, so I am going to attempt to get her to stay up until after lunch so that we can go out to eat...hope it doesn't backfire!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #39
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
1 nap here. I can't remember when the am nap got dropped. 9am? I'm super excited if my 2 littles sleep until 7! Jealous.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #40
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

carrie, wow, yeah totally jealous of 9am sleeping!
we still do 2 naps, but she can hold off for just one nap in the afternoon if we are out and about doing things. every kiddo is different though, so hope it works out for ya!

I hear ya amy....630-650 has been the magic time lately. not terrible, but I'd love to sleep til 7:30-8 one day...it would be glorious!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote