Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #51
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 mamas - July chat

can I just say how glad I am that we are all still so chatty? I love staying connected with you gals.

almost done with invitations...I am so psychotic. I should just get the pre=printed stuff, but nooooooooo, I gotta go all craft geek on it and spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on an invite that will get tossed within a day of being read. I'll take pics when I'm done, cuz I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Advertisement

heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #52
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Stacey, thanks for the Disney advice. We're trying to go next year so I bookmarked that page

Naomi, ita!! I love that I have you all to talk to and bounce ideas off of and get advice from. I love that I feel like I 'know' you and your families!

Mom is still here, she leaves tomorrow. We are finishing up Harpers felt crown for her party. Found it on Pinterest and had to make it. I'll post pics when we're done. Got harper's tutu yesterday and it's SO cute!! I am getting excited now!

Dh and I are going out for lunch with friends from church today and my mom is keeping the kids. I'm looking forward to adult time even if its only an hour or so.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #53
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Stacey--thank you I will check that out!

Britt where did you get the tutu from? Sorry if you had mentioned it before I do not remember.

So Blu is a really good ball-handler (basketball dribbler). Dh has been taking him to different spots to "perform" Blu absolutely loves it and really enjoys doing it in front of an audience to the point where he is probably slightly better in front of crowds.

So yesterday he performed for the library. He was so excited, well bc he loves the library and he was promised 2 dino books. So after he was done people were coming up to him and complimenting him and telling he will be in the NBA someday and he says to them, "I am getting 2 dinosaur books." Then proceeds to tell them what books he is getting and all about the dinos in the book--when they lived, where they lived, what they eat. Not sure if there are many paleontologist bball players out there. He could start a league on day.

Mini brag over--but I thought I don't do it much so I would do it here.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #54
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OnceUponATime Tutus on Etsy.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #55
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cute about the dino basket ball league! kids are so funny

elijah is currently walking around hollering mad that no one wants to eat his wadded up pancake. I put a few chocolate chips in, he digs those out, then wads up the rest and wants a new one. uh-uh, no way. it is totally ridiculous. thankfully, we are having a good day in general, but this whiney voiced boy has got to get a grip.

Last edited by heyuitsme; 07-12-2012 at 11:01 AM.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #56
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wrote a big post yesterday and my computer decided it didn't like DS anymore... grr!

I ordered Seni a tutu/diaper cover/hat set yesterday. Can't wait to get it! It's going to be mostly black and pink. I want to do cake smash pics with it at her 1yr photo shoot. I'm also starting to knit her bday dress today- I dyed yarn in shades of pink, red, orange and yellow. Bright and summery for my Sunny-bear!

We'll be leaving in a couple hours to get Odie's stitches taken out. Hopefully everything looks good on him and it goes quick. I have to drag all three girls along with...
Old 07-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #57
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So excited with my consignment store score today.... a brand spanking new pair of Keen sandals for only 2.99!!. Why would anyone consign those?? They're perfect for my ds3 this summer.

Also made a felt crown, some wands, and frosting cookie drops The kids like those. So not healthy but awesome little after dinner treats.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #58
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake
Mary is finally taking two naps consistently, only took her 10 months, haha!

She wakes up around 7am, then naps about 10am, then up around noon, another nap about 2pm until 4ish, she goes to bed same time as the boys. Between 7:30 and 8pm usually.

I'm so grateful for her naps, we went so many months with terrible sleep.
This is exactly violets nap schedule

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #59
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Britt, are you on facebook at all? there's a group called None/Select/Delayed

I'm questioning vaccines also as I've already got several that I refuse. I'm leaning toward not vaxing at all. With Ellie, I've done a modified schedule the last set she got so she didn't get so many at once.

Naomi: hugs I totally get the feeling. I've been holding little miss for the better part of this week non stop because she doesn't feel well. We started Sat night with a cough and went to high fevers for three days and this morning she woke up with a rash that started at her forehead and has progressed down her body. Meanwhile Caleb has become mr whine. ugh! I've gotten nothing done this week since I can hardly put dd down. And she doesn't want on my back either she wants to be snuggled on my front. And in the midst of all this I figured out that I can't eat anise pizelles while nursing oh what a rough night that was...

Ellie still takes two naps. She is terrible at getting on a schedule... drives me nuts! I've tried everything. She's my unpredictable night owl.
I think the average age I've seen the morning nap dropped is about 13-15 mos.

Birthday plans: I'm making a birthday cake for DD and bringing it to church. That will probably be the extent of it this year. DS's birthday however... he'll be 3 so I want to do some sort of party with his friends. I'm planning a Bob the Builder cake which I'll make myself. I'm going to try and snag some diecast characters to put on top of the cake. I need to clean this house some so that I can set up my stuff and do pics.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #60
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Going today to get my Mirena put in after work! No more babies for me for awhile unless I'm already preggo (OMG, no). I'm really not looking forward to it but I'll feel so much safer with that than the mini-pill.