Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #71
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 mamas - July chat

Well been busy! Hubby flew in my best friend and her 18 month old for my birthday gift. we had a great time all 3 boys played well. Good to have a friend staying at your house

Hubby turns 30 tomorrow! any good GOOF ideas for him, I am ONLY 28 now so I can pick on him..LOL

Also, My 3 yr old is staying with his gparents for these last 2 nights, away from me for the first time, it is so strange him not being here, I MISS him, awww :'''(
CUTE tutu Britt, and Naomi Thats HILARIOUS.

Advertisement

Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #72
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt

I've picked up a couple things from zulily for Harper... A melissa and doug nesting/stacking block set, a pair of western chief rain boots, and a Stella doll.
Where might I get a Stella doll?? Stella might need one
Old 07-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #73
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Crazy crazy crazy here! Summary of last month, grandpa died, prep for China, vacation, aunt died, cousin died, more China prep. Phew!!!

We are on countdown to august 16, our departure date!!

Peanut finally got teeth, it only took 11 months, she has two. She is cruising furniture, climbing stairs, and now stands by herself. Last check she is 15lbs 13oz and 26 2/4" they are happy with her gain and she is officially negative for celiacs woo hoo!!

She also has learned how to scream, my ears may never be the same. She enjoys shreeking far too much. We are trying to teach baby signs to stop this.

DD is busy like usual. Now her mouth makes me want to smack her across the face. Holy sass from this one!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #74
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley

Where might I get a Stella doll?? Stella might need one
They're made by manhattan toys and I got hers on eBay. Actually I got the boy and girl babies as a set for less than the price of one. Oddly, she prefers the boy.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #75
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Praying mamas, I have a prayer request this week. Our oldest left this morning for his first sleep-away church camp. He won't be back until Friday . He was so excited to go this year as you have to be entering 4th grade. I would love prayers for safety and for spiritual growth and fellowship with other children. Also for the leaders who are chaperoning them. Thanks a million.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #76
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you know that if you can still smell your detergent after washing, your clothes aren't getting rinsed thoroughly? I have totally done the rewash routine. I had a load going for the third time when I first read your post, Naomi LOL!
I've been trying to do Flylady.com. "A load a day keeps the chaos away"
CHAOS is: Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome...
lol
Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #77
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsa View Post
Did you know that if you can still smell your detergent after washing, your clothes aren't getting rinsed thoroughly? I have totally done the rewash routine. I had a load going for the third time when I first read your post, Naomi LOL!
I've been trying to do Flylady.com. "A load a day keeps the chaos away"
CHAOS is: Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome...
lol

nooooooooooooooooooooo!
there goes my plan. lol
even the scented stuff!?! *le sigh

oh, I was recommened the Flylady.com site the other day...liked what I saw at first glance, but have not been back since. need to visit that more

...and a weight loss place. really need to get a plan in place and do it! for real, if I gain anymore weight I won't be able to shop in a deptartment store. Barely can find bottoms to fit me as it is. 310.4...that was a couple weeks ago during my period, but it is still in that zone. insane. technically i need to lose something like 180lbs. yikes. i'd be happy weighing 180lbs. it begins tonight. again. it needs to begin everyday, every choice. that's what makes it hard, as you all know. i'm going to try my diabetes diet and hope that helps. hoping to add an exercise dvd as well, even if I just did the warm up and cool down as a starter! i mean really woman, get a move on!

i just want to be able to shop in average sizes, not plus. I'd be stoked to be a size 16 or 18....do you know how many clothes there are in thrift stores in those sizes!?!?!? a heck of a lot more than 3x and 28.

i'm sure I've horrified some of you with the full disclosure of my size, but it helps to be honest.

lol, random, is anyone the weight their drivers license says they are?
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #78
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme

nooooooooooooooooooooo!
there goes my plan. lol
even the scented stuff!?! *le sigh

oh, I was recommened the Flylady.com site the other day...liked what I saw at first glance, but have not been back since. need to visit that more

...and a weight loss place. really need to get a plan in place and do it! for real, if I gain anymore weight I won't be able to shop in a deptartment store. Barely can find bottoms to fit me as it is. 310.4...that was a couple weeks ago during my period, but it is still in that zone. insane. technically i need to lose something like 180lbs. yikes. i'd be happy weighing 180lbs. it begins tonight. again. it needs to begin everyday, every choice. that's what makes it hard, as you all know. i'm going to try my diabetes diet and hope that helps. hoping to add an exercise dvd as well, even if I just did the warm up and cool down as a starter! i mean really woman, get a move on!

i just want to be able to shop in average sizes, not plus. I'd be stoked to be a size 16 or 18....do you know how many clothes there are in thrift stores in those sizes!?!?!? a heck of a lot more than 3x and 28.

i'm sure I've horrified some of you with the full disclosure of my size, but it helps to be honest.

lol, random, is anyone the weight their drivers license says they are?
You can dooooo it! have you ever tried doing a juice cleanse diet? Juust to get you going, i think it would help to focus you and get results..just try googling for a good one.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #79
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

AAww, Naomi- I am right there with you. It's so hard everyday to look at myself and love the person I see. But we are our worst enemy!! We have to quit being so judgmental of ourselves and learn to love ourselves as we are and THEN we can finally move forward and lose the weight. ((hugs))

We are finally on a semi sleeping schedule. But it's not consistent. 2 naps, sometimes one. Evan will go to bed around 9 if we're lucky, sleep until 7 if we are lucky. lol But I know teething is playing a big part for us right now too. 8 teeth have been in for awhile, 3 molars have broke through partially and 2 eye teeth buldging on the top. Viv had all her 's by 11m's. He's doing a one leg crawl, pulling up, but no walking yet. Signs milk when I ask him if he's hungry, and has suddenly become finicky... grr. OH, and loves to screech this horrible sound constantly! OY! my ears can't take much more.

Dh has been a workhorse- finally got almost all the downstairs baseboards in, (not painted, just nailed in). we are waiting on the door trim since it was back ordered. The entire lower level has been insulated. now he only hs to insulate under the house, in the crawl space. When we finally get around to redoing the siding, we will insulate the 2nd floor. Next up is getting the stair railing done. TONS of smaller projects to do still, but we are making progress.

Birthday's are going to start bombarding us soon. Mine is eom, the next week is dh, then Evan's eom. Viv and Lauren will be a month after that. I am looking at some wooden type toys for all three. oh and if I can manage to make some things for them too. Speaking of making things-- I finally started my own little sewing/crafting business! Haven't done much yet. But there's a craft fair in Sept that I want to get in on.Hoping to make a variety of things for that.

Oh and Naomi - I LIED about my weight...
Old 07-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #80
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi--Hugs!! I know you can do it. You may not want to hear any tips and advice bc you probably feel like you heard them all but if I were in your shoes I would start walking. I would not do anything crazy in the exercise department. As for me, I do yoga everyday. I love it. I use to be a college athlete and I can not even picture my workouts being that intense anymore. Raising 3 young babies is enough intensity for me in one day. There are many modifications you can do so anyone can do it. I even have a section of chair yoga in one of my dvds where you actually sit in a chair and do yoga. Best part it works. I am so sorry you are going through this struggle and we are here for your support. I read your post and was not horrified I just wish we were closer so I can help.

AFM--Well Peyton has made up her own signs. I notice when I say certain things she has different hand gestures for them. I was like oh look the 11month old is teaching us signs.

For her birthday I am going to get her a wheely bug. I know she will be a little small for it but she loves her brothers bee wheely bug so it will be a matter of time before they are racing.

My mil is coming out a week after Peytons Bday so we will have at least 1 family member here to celebrate. She is getting her some things thaen wants to go shopping while we are here. I am thinking about taking her to Janie and Jake.

AF paid me a visit this morning. I am still back and forth with wanting another. Sometimes I feel lets just NTNP then I look at my 3 and think this a perfect dynamic. We are doing more outings and going to ballparks and having a great time. In 1-2 yrs I feel like that would get easier. But then there is that lets go for 1 more in me. I am boring myself with the going back and forth so I am sorry I keep writing it.

Last edited by dagmomma; 07-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote