Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
andre
Registered Users

I Want to Pay My Babysitter, but She will Will N/Contact Me...

I am almost at my wit ends trying to pay my babysitter. She was an awesome sitter and I love her dearly, but I don't understand what is going on with her. I owed her $153 last year and I told he when I got my taxes I would pay her back. She still helped me out when I needed her. I called her when I got my refund, but her cell was disconnected. I call another babysitter and asked her to give her my phone number so we could discussed what I owed her. I never heard from her. I thought that was odd so I called the other babysitter again. I even called my babysitters son's middle school and left a message for him to have her call me. We were having car issues and once we got that solved I went to her house. Her middle son said she wasn't home, but her car was there. My husband and daughter believes she was there, but didn't want to talk to me. I have written her letters, sent her a mother's day car thanking her for being a mom to my daughter. I will taking the day off next wednesday for a doctors appt and am planning to $100 to her and then will have to send the remaining $53.00, but I don't know why she won't respond to me. I don't know what we did for to act like this. I have even asked her numerous times in my letters to let me know and if I owe her an apology I will give it to her... but I got nothing back. I have never in my life had to hunt someone down to pay them. Any suggestions.

Advertisement

andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would say if she's ignoring you then let her. She obviously doesn't want the money so just keep it for your family.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: I Want to Pay My Babysitter, but She will Will N/Contact Me...

Just leave it in her mailbox and be done if she doesnt want contact you cannot force her. Personally I would be put off by someone doing all you have done such as contacting my coworkers and kids school seems way over the top.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

yeah, if you have her address I don't understand why you haven't just sent her a check in the mail and been done with it?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #5
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I'd be freaked out if you were contacting my kids' school. Mail her a check for what you owe her. Why wouldn't you? Why should she have to arrange with you to be paid by you?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #6
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussionsmith
I think I'd be freaked out if you were contacting my kids' school. Mail her a check for what you owe her. Why wouldn't you? Why should she have to arrange with you to be paid by you?
Yeah, that. What is there to discuss? You said you would pay her when you got your refund, you should have left a check in her mailbox - or actually mailed it. It's now July, she probably is pissed that you didn't pay her like you said you would. iMHO you owe her that money and should pay it. She does not need to be in touch with you in order to be paid.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with others. You should mail her a check. I think its nice of you to want to personally contact her but it seems like she doesn't want to talk to you. Money can always cause problems in friendships, unfortunately. Are you sure she was ok with you not having the funds to pay her until tax return? Did you buy something before tax return time that might of gotten her upset that you bought that instead of paying her? Those are usually likely reasons. But regardless, I would send her a check and wait for her to contact you in the future.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #8
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I would say to just send a letter and a check. Have it delivered with confirmation so you know she gets it. Write a quick letter apologizing for not paying her when she helped you out, apologize for freaking her out by calling her kids school and showing up at the house and generally appearing slightly stalkerish, (and I am NOT saying you are trying to be a stalker, but between calling the school and showing up at the house after me clearly not contacting you, I would be COMPLETELY freaked out...to me, lack of contact would be a clear clue to go away...) and let her know you really appreciate her helping you when she did. Write her a check for the entire amount, plus round up as a gift for her waiting so long AND for freaking her out (like, if you owe her $153, and you have the money, write the check for $200. At the very least, round up to $175) and then consider it done. If she wants to talk to you she will contact you. I am sure she will cash the check.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady
Yeah, I would say to just send a letter and a check. Have it delivered with confirmation so you know she gets it. Write a quick letter apologizing for not paying her when she helped you out, apologize for freaking her out by calling her kids school and showing up at the house and generally appearing slightly stalkerish, (and I am NOT saying you are trying to be a stalker, but between calling the school and showing up at the house after me clearly not contacting you, I would be COMPLETELY freaked out...to me, lack of contact would be a clear clue to go away...) and let her know you really appreciate her helping you when she did. Write her a check for the entire amount, plus round up as a gift for her waiting so long AND for freaking her out (like, if you owe her $153, and you have the money, write the check for $200. At the very least, round up to $175) and then consider it done. If she wants to talk to you she will contact you. I am sure she will cash the check.
Totally agree!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady
Perfectly said

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote