Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

Quick, I need help with my son's redness

This morning, I noticed when I was bathing my son (18 months old, non-circ) that the tip of his penis was a little red. I figured I would keep an eye on it today (thinking that the overnight wetness might have irritated it). He seemed okay most of the day and the redness was a bit less, but right before bed he started pulling at the middle of his diaper between his legs and making an 'eh, eh' noise. I asked him if he wanted his diaper changed (he usually says yes if he has a mess or is REALLY wet) and he nodded yes and went to lay down. When I changed him, he was a little wet, but his tip was quite red and it seemed to bother him when I washed it (water and a washcloth - no retracting or anything). I put some CJ's on him before bed.

The problem is that we are leaving on vacation on Saturday and I don't want him to get a UTI while we are out of state. I also don't want to run off to the Dr.'s because of a bit of redness.. I'm just not sure what to do. I was thinking of maybe giving him some cranberry juice and keeping him cover free as much as possible tomorrow to see if that helps.

Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do???

I also am not wanting to hear from my family while I am on vacation about how if we had circ'd him he wouldn't have this because none of their sons have ever had this.... (can you tell I'm the oddball of this one with my family?)

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Quick, I need help with my son's redness

I have done the same thing you did and it cleared up.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Its probably just a little irritation. Do a baking soda bath for the next couple days and that should clear it up.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

Re: Quick, I need help with my son's redness

Thanks, ladies I will carry out the plan then