Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

Eye, cold, cough question?

Evie is on Medicaid but I have not chosen a doctor for her yet. We just signed up for the additional PeachCare provided but have not received those cards, and I cannot find her Medicaid card.

She's had an on and off cough that has gotten worse over the past week. I've been giving her mucus relief medicine and Zyrtec. Once the first med wears off, the thick gurgling cough comes right back. Today she woke up with eyes crusted in yellow discharge, but her eyes are white, not pink or red like I would expect from pink eye. Her nasal discharge is now very thick and green.

Should I take her to acute care? How do I show them she is on Medicaid without the card?

Do you think it's pink eye and/or just upper or lower respiratory infection??

Advertisement

EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Eye, cold, cough question?

I was told every eye deal like that is pink eye cuz its an infection in eye. But sounds like cold/resp....gree snot means been there 4 a little while. I would take her in. I don't know how to prove on medicaid.do u have something at all as proof? Did u go to hospital 4 birth? They might have copy they could send. Can u request new card?
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

Re: Eye, cold, cough question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
I was told every eye deal like that is pink eye cuz its an infection in eye. But sounds like cold/resp....gree snot means been there 4 a little while. I would take her in. I don't know how to prove on medicaid.do u have something at all as proof? Did u go to hospital 4 birth? They might have copy they could send. Can u request new card?
Thanks. I just ordered the Medicaid replacement cards. I did figure out what their member ID #'s are so I am about to call some acute care places and see if just having the # will help, and for the PeachState part, I just learned over the phone I can print replacement copies off the website.

Good to know about the eye thing, I guess she won't be going to daycare later when I head to work and instead will need to use my babysitter. Bummer.
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote