Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

August '11 - June Chatter!!

I can't believe it's already June Ladies!!!

Any big plans for this month? I know a few of you have/are moving, so how is that going? I am completely jealous, though, I'd prefer not to move this year!

Dh is in in Springfield,MO for the wknd, bowling. Last tourney for awhile. Think we'll go to the library today as it's too muddy from all the rain yesterday. Then the girls are going to gma's for the night. So just me and the boy. Dh will be home Sunday afternoon, and hopefully is going to finish working on the deck, and maybe some other backyard cleanup stuff.

I've got my 28wk appt next wk, as well as an appt with a dentist since I've been is such pain for the last month or so. There's no tooth left above the gum. It was root canaled yrs ago, and now, will likely have to be extracted. Every pg I have some major issues. boo.

I hope you all are having a great wknd!!

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - June Chatter!!

How are you that far along already?! lol... Boo for tooth problems

I've been pretty busy. My MIL has been staying with us since Wed... it's actually not going too bad. I'm a little annoyed, but she's been buying food, doing almost all of the cooking, and all the dishes. And yesterday she swept, vacuumed, and scrubbed the bathroom. Not going to complain! And we're leaving for vacation Wed morning so she has to be out by then.

Naima's 6th b-day is Mon so her party will be tomorrow. Just a cook-out type thing at our house, letting all the kids play on our playground stuff. Luke's mom bought a bunch of stuff for veggie, fruit, and meat/cheese trays so I won't have much to do for that either.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugh for teeth issues. We luck out if we have issues bc one of dhs many non for profits he works for is a dental company.

Happy birthday naimi!!!

Hope everyone is staying safe with this insane weather.

Afm we are mostly settled in. I have been going through all of the outgrown childrens clothes and giving it to goodwill or getting it ready for my thredup bag. Not sure what to do with the under 12month things. I also got rid of some random things as well. Dh has a ton of Nike and Adidas things he has either never worn or wore a couple of times and to s or sneakers not sure what to do with those yet either. I just want no more boxes in my house or garage!

So my dh is uber organized and I am not. I need to come up with a schedule for everyone's sanity and happiness lol! But I need one that works for me! Also need to get a budget down. And go crazy into Dave ramsey. Just want that peace of mind. But ever since college graduation 13 yrs ago my math skills have plummeted so need to get it together!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quiet in here lately... Here's some loud news :-)

We are having another BOY!

His name will 99.9% be Henry (middle name: my maiden name)
5 angels in my heart always

Last edited by smblake; 09-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Melissa congrats!! That's wonderful news, and I hope the ultrasound went well. I love the name Henry. It has such a handsome sound to it. Fits right in with your others' names.

Still in California. Heading home tomorrow, that will be a loooong day of travel. I need to check our flight to see if there is an open seat on the plane still. Harper was able to sit in her seat on both flights coming here so I am crossing my fingers! We went to the beach today for her first time. She loved it! No hesitation in the ocean an she enjoyed scooping and dumping with shovels and pails. The big boys (ya know, dh and ds1 ) were enjoying body surfing while the little boys dug for sandcrabs and filled up a bucket with them! However nice the trip has been it will be SO good to be back home.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Congrats Melissa !! Looks like a cutie!!

Britt- safe travels!! Glad you all enjoyed your trip!

We are going to Tulsa for the day next Sat. It's been a while since we've done anything as a family. There's an air and space center that the kids should love. Then a bit of German food for lunch.

Nothing much going on here. Rainy today, so we are stuck inside.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So exciting Melissa...love the name you have chosen.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Melissa!

So I think it is official Peyton is a Tomboy! She loves playing cars and with balls and daddy taught her to swing a bat and hit a ball off the tee. She still loves tea party though but she usually pretends to burp after she pretends drink.

But I gues it was bound to happen since I was a Tom boy and she has 2 older brothers
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
She still loves tea party though but she usually pretends to burp after she drinks.
That's hilarious!! Harper loves to play with balls and if I'd hand her a bat Im sure she'd swing it.....at something. Lol

I think we're officially stepping into the 'twos'. While she is mostly compliant and pleasant, she tells NO and MINE constantly, and we're neck deep in a hitting phase. She does do time-outs and seems to understand them. Anyone else's angel morph into a 'terrible-two-terror' yet?

So, I am not loving nursing right now. Nursing in the morning, for a nap or for bed is no problem. It's the rest of the day. She is very demanding and will cry something awful if I [have to] decline. When she does ask and I allow it she won't hold still. She is climbing over my shoulder, hanging off my lap (ouch!!) and just generally annoying me. I've told her to lay still or were done, that hurts mommy, etc. and when I cut it short she gets upset but starting back up next time it happens all over again. I think Id like to cut out the middle of the day nurslings soon but I also need to increase her food intake, she's not a big eater and still only weighs 21 pounds. Advice anyone?

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

OK first of all Britt- props to you for still nursing!!! I wish I wasn't such a wimp and stayed the course longer than I did with all my kids. So no help here. Evan gets mad and scratches me all the time! But he says no even when he means yes, so that doesn't really count. He hates to be held when we are out, or be buckled into the cart.

This morning my sil came over and Evan decided he wanted to go outside. He grabbed his Titlest hat and club, and went out like this: