Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #221
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
We're in the 2ww again, pos OPK on the 26th though my chart said I'd O on the 29th. POAS today just in case, since it could be 7dpo, but no luck. Felt kind of "fertile" compared to previous months, so FX!

This is cycle 4 actively TTC and cycle 6 not TTA.
You can have a positive opk 3 days before ovulating. It detects the LH surge which can occur up to 72 hours BEFORE ovulation, IIRC. If you were temping (and/or checking your cervix) that should be more accurate. :-) good luck this month!

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #222
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman

You can have a positive opk 3 days before ovulating. It detects the LH surge which can occur up to 72 hours BEFORE ovulation, IIRC. If you were temping (and/or checking your cervix) that should be more accurate. :-) good luck this month!
Ok, still waiting for AF, but I want to verify something:
I did opks daily from CD11-CD16. On CD13, I had a dark opk, but not quite darker than the control. All other days were definitely negative. My chart has been very accurate on AF dates for over three years, but it says I should have O'd on CD 16. Would the opk from CD13 really be darker than the opk from CD16 in that case?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #223
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki

Ok, still waiting for AF, but I want to verify something:
I did opks daily from CD11-CD16. On CD13, I had a dark opk, but not quite darker than the control. All other days were definitely negative. My chart has been very accurate on AF dates for over three years, but it says I should have O'd on CD 16. Would the opk from CD13 really be darker than the opk from CD16 in that case?
I don't know. I haven't used opks since I really got hang of charting. Did you use them at the same time everyday? What factors are causing your chart to say CD16? temp? Cervical position? Cervical fluid? All of the above? Maybe you just had delay between your LH surge (what opk indicates) and actual ovulation? Hard to know since the opk didn't get as dark as the control, and I don't know what factors you were charting.

I think opk instructions recommend testing twice a day if you are having trouble getting a positive. Maybe your surge took place between the nearly positive test and the next day??

What CD are you on now?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #224
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman

I don't know. I haven't used opks since I really got hang of charting. Did you use them at the same time everyday? What factors are causing your chart to say CD16? temp? Cervical position? Cervical fluid? All of the above? Maybe you just had delay between your LH surge (what opk indicates) and actual ovulation? Hard to know since the opk didn't get as dark as the control, and I don't know what factors you were charting.

I think opk instructions recommend testing twice a day if you are having trouble getting a positive. Maybe your surge took place between the nearly positive test and the next day??

What CD are you on now?
I'm on CD25, expecting AF on CD30. Charting based on AF, opks, CM (tricky since I have yeast issues) and the months I can feel O occur. AF always comes on the day expected on the chart, but still seem to be inaccurate on O.

We got pregnant in one cycle using the same charting last time, but it's been over 6 months this time
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #225
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

That does make it hard to pinpoint. If this isn't your month, you could add cervical position and/or opks twice a day. Temp would be even better if you sleep enough for an accurate temp. The luteal phase (time between ovulation and period) usually doesn't vary.

Sorry it is taking longer this time ((HUGS)). I know it gets frustrating. There were eight months between my 3rd and 4th (first successful) pregnancies. Felt like forever!