Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
peetred
Registered Users
seller

Only feeling slightly pregnant and not feeling movement

Hi ladies. I was wondering if you all think this is pretty normal at this point.. This is my fourth pregnancy, and with the others I felt them earlier than this I am pretty sure.

I am 20 weeks (due Oct 11th) and I'm feeling pregnant, but still don't think I feel as pregnant as I did with the others at this point, LOL. I dunno, maybe I just have amnesia! I also thought I was feeling flutters a few weeks ago but now I am not really feeling much of anything. When I think I feel something I am totally not sure. The only thing I can think of is maybe the placenta is anterior so I'm not feeling it as much. I have tried listening on my fetoscope and I can't pick up a heartbeat yet.

Advertisement

Momma to Gregory, Ezekiel, & Edward (UC), EDD mid Oct (UP/UC #2)
ISO/IHA
peetred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
mclaybrook
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Only feeling slightly pregnant and not feeling movement

Have you had your 20 week ultrasound yet? My girl pregnancies were WAY easier than my boy pregnancies.. so, maybe you're expecting a girl?
I would drink some cold fluids and see if that makes baby more active. Do you know anyone with a doppler? I hope everything is okay!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
spencerrn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my 7th pregnancy. I am there with you. I didn't start feeling any movement until about 10 days ago and now it is just flutters. I definitely LOOK pregnant but I feel good so I often forget until someone asks me. I am sooo busy with my other children that I just don't feel like I have had any time to focus on this child.

Hang in there.
spencerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
peetred
Registered Users
seller

I don't do ultrasounds, I do my own prenatal care but would go in at 24 weeks if no movement. Thanks Rachael, glad to know I"m not alone. I think I felt a couple little kicks today but it's there and then it's gone so I'm still not sure! I just think my boys kicked a lot more than this!
Momma to Gregory, Ezekiel, & Edward (UC), EDD mid Oct (UP/UC #2)
ISO/IHA
peetred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second what she said. I have 2 boys at home and I feel fine, I feel busy, and when I think i feel movement I am so not sure. It might be a girl for me as well, so IDK, Maybe it is just a boy thing to kick like crazy. Also, baby is only like 6 inches at this point, for you. Maybe its just still a little too small to be noticed among the rest of your day, KWIM?

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm with you, I'm 19 weeks and not feeling much of anything. Occasional flutters, but not the kicks I was feeling around this time with DS. I really barely *feel* pregnant, except I'm extra hungry and a bit grouchy. But I had an ultrasound a few days ago, and the baby was active and healthy. I could see her move, and not feel it. Tech said she might just be a mellow baby. They say every pregnancy is different, so maybe this is just a more chill baby for you
Old 05-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

My girl was CRAZY wild kicking all the time, so opposite of you ladies But I think it's fine to not be feeling a lot yet, especially if your placenta happened to be anterior, which would be hard for you to know if you haven't had an u/s or anything. I don't think you have anything to worry about - it sounds like you're getting the beginnings of movement anyway. Good plan to go in at 24 weeks if still nothing, though, just to set your mind at ease.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Bellesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've had the same issue. I think there is just so much more room in there that there was in my previous pregnancies. I've had fluttering and even some kicking, but nothing that DH can feel or anything. Might be that the little girl doesn't kick near as hard as the big boy that came before here! Either way, I think it's totally normal this far along in the game! Good luck, mama!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

This is my 6th pregnancy, but its been 3 years since my last one...so I forgot some of the stuff that came along with it. But that being said, I looked back at some of my journaling that I did with my other pregnancies, and I did feel distinct movement sooner than I did with this one. I did not start to feel good solid, oh there's the baby movement, until about 23-24ish weeks. I had felt initial flutters about 14ish weeks, and on and off again flutters, but nothing solid. I was worried, but I had a few extra pounds on me than my last pregnancy, and then she was just facing towards my spine, so I was told that was another reason that things were not as easily felt. I am not sure if that is a real valid reason or not, but it makes sense?
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #10
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by you do your own prenatal care?