Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Re: July TTC #1 -No Children Mentioned-

MommaCrunch, that is so terrible. I don't want to be a "helicopter parent" but I do not think I would be so lax about something as easy as a seat belt or life jacket. Those aren't difficult to use and they are really so useful! I'm sorry you had to witness/experience that. I could not handle it.

I went and had my appointment. After taking blood (won't know results for a week) and a rather thorough and painful pelvic exam, he is confident I do not have PCOS. My ovaries are small which he expected based on my size, my uterus is the size of a walnut and is tipped forward, so everything is normal there. He could not feel anything on my ovaries, but I will be having a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow morning to rule out any cysts or other problems. He is very concerned about me not bleeding, so he gave me Provera. He said if it does not make me bleed, he will be worried.

I'll update after the ultrasound.

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #22
abhernandez
Registered Users

Oh Jessica. How scary... What is he worried about? Fx provera gets your cycles On track and the us goes well!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #23
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Oh Jessica. How scary... What is he worried about? Fx provera gets your cycles On track and the us goes well!
Thanks! He explained it to me like this: your estrogen causes you to build up a uterine lining and your production of progesterone causes it to slough off (which is your period). If the provera (which is just progesterone) doesn't make me bleed, then it means I have something else wrong besides a progesterone imbalance and will require more testing. He said we are doing "baby steps" right now hoping this works, but if it doesn't we will have to go a lot further. He told me if it does work, we will probably want to do Clomid to induce ovulation. But that won't be until my lab results come in and we verify the Provera is working.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh jeez, that is really scary Mamacrunch. My husband was telling me about all the news he read the other day when it was super super hot about how many kids had died being left in cars just that day. I just don't know how that even happens. Makes you wonder if they are 1. Really just that dumb. 2. That forgetful? How do you forget about your child? 3. Homicidal? 4. A little of 1 and 3?

So so so sad, I really don't get it.

I hope the Provera works for you Jess! They did blood for me not that long ago too, and while I was glad to hear I didn't have PCOS, sometimes it is just nice to know WHY something is happening, instead of just sitting there not having any answers.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay, I had my ultrasound today. First a pelvic and then a trans-vaginal. Didn't think I'd have THAT one until pregnancy, but it wasn't too bad. She was not allowed to tell me if she saw anything until the radiologist looked but I should hear back in around 5 days. It was the most comfortable doctor/hospital bed I have ever laid in (seriously!) and they had dimmers for the ceiling lights so it was very easy to relax. So much better than yesterday for my pelvic exam when they put me in the prenatal room - giant picture of stages of pregnancy, giant picture of ways to breastfeed and when I laid back there was a picture of a baby on the ceiling. I was feeling so emotional and when they left the room to let me get dressed, I cried.

It's so hard to not have a little one in my arms or in my belly!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #26
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
Okay, I had my ultrasound today. First a pelvic and then a trans-vaginal. Didn't think I'd have THAT one until pregnancy, but it wasn't too bad. She was not allowed to tell me if she saw anything until the radiologist looked but I should hear back in around 5 days. It was the most comfortable doctor/hospital bed I have ever laid in (seriously!) and they had dimmers for the ceiling lights so it was very easy to relax. So much better than yesterday for my pelvic exam when they put me in the prenatal room - giant picture of stages of pregnancy, giant picture of ways to breastfeed and when I laid back there was a picture of a baby on the ceiling. I was feeling so emotional and when they left the room to let me get dressed, I cried.

It's so hard to not have a little one in my arms or in my belly!

Sorry you had a hard time! I hope you get some good new from your ultrasound. I think most people don't understand how something as simple as a room can upset someone.

Sometimes I think I'll never have a baby either or ever see a positive on a pregnancy test. Makes you very jealous of people who make getting pregnant look easy.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #27
abhernandez
Registered Users

I freakin hate u/s waiting rooms. Its so in your face... Everyone else is 9 months pregnant and you never will be. Even now I despise them. I wish they'd have special not pregnant waiting areas/ rooms. Nothing like waiting for a post mc scan surrounded by preggos.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #28
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

It really was tough. The ultrasound room I went to was at a Radiology center and I think most people go there for cancer, so it was a very relaxing room with really no photos/posters. I can't imagine going there after a m/c, Alice.

I started my job and I really feel like things are turning around for us financially (slowly), so maybe there will be good news next week.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #29
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

I'm not sure what cycle day i'm on. Sorry i've been abesent but DH and I moved into a new place this week! We're still next door to my parents but this place is bigger in the living room & kitchen. DH came down with the flu while we were moving and that complicated things for us but thankfully we're setttled in now and he's starting to feel better. We're hoping to go camping this weekend together since our last trip got messed up. With a 3 month break from work this year i'm really starting to miss my job! I can't wait to go back to work next month. I hate spending the money DH earns on clothes, shoes, and random stuff so I can't wait to get my first paycheck of the school year and hit up some sales.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats on the move! I think camping would be a great way to get your minds off everything. I hope you have a great time!