Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #31
mcmorley
Registered Users

Hey girls,
I am just logging on to say goodbye. Sadly this cycle was a bust and we are taking some time off indefinitely to figure things out. We feel it's time to stop stressing over all this and move on. As you can imagine our hearts are crushed and we feel our dream is fading away. I don't know what the future holds for expanding our family but dh and I need some time to grieve, heal, get back into life and figure out what is next.

I want to sincerely thank all of you for your friendship, encouragement and sharing your journey with me. I wish this wasn't so hard for us and I hope you all get to graduate with your hearts desire! Thanks & ! ~Maricarol

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #32
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Re: July TTC #1 -No Children Mentioned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmorley View Post
Hey girls,
I am just logging on to say goodbye.
I want to sincerely thank all of you for your friendship, encouragement and sharing your journey with me. I wish this wasn't so hard for us and I hope you all get to graduate with your hearts desire! Thanks & ! ~Maricarol
I haven't been on here long (yet), but I will be thinking of you and hope you find peace. We will always be here if you need to talk or vent.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #33
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck Maricarol! We'll miss you.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #34
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmorley View Post
Hey girls,
I am just logging on to say goodbye. Sadly this cycle was a bust and we are taking some time off indefinitely to figure things out. We feel it's time to stop stressing over all this and move on. As you can imagine our hearts are crushed and we feel our dream is fading away. I don't know what the future holds for expanding our family but dh and I need some time to grieve, heal, get back into life and figure out what is next.

I'm so sorry about this cycle. I'm glad to have been there for you for what time I was on this thread.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #35
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay, so the results of my pelvic ultrasound are in...I have PCOS. The doctor wants me to come in tomorrow to discuss treatment and medication and further explain it. Do any of you ladies have a link to explain PCOS to me or wouldn't mind PMing me? I had researched it before, but I pretty much decided I didn't fit the criteria. I am normal to almost underweight, no excess hair, no insulin problems, etc. I do have mild to moderate acne and I fit something the doctor told me last time (that I'd never read about before) which is worsening vision. My vision has gotten progressively worse the past few years (the eye doctor told me it was almost 2x worse and that was 4 years ago. My glasses I have now are out of date, but I can't afford new lenses or an eye exam.

I will also be starting clomid most likely if anyone has a good resource to learn about it that is not super terrifying. Have any of you tried different treatments for PCOS? What are my options like?

I am seriously so distraught right now.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #36
abhernandez
Registered Users

I know a very thin girl with pcos. It happens. Check out soulcysters... they have a thincyster group. Why do I know this even though I don't have pcos? ...because I love and adore 2 amazing women with pcos and I spend more time than I like to admit... trying to find a magical cure. The good news for you is you got your diagnosis. That's a huge step forward... the next step is making a plan to overcome it! Good luck!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #37
robinology
Registered Users
seller

I didn't know worsening vision was a symptom! Well that's something else to add to my list... Seriously, I have every symptom but like two - acne (I have quite the opposite, pretty perfect skin) and insulin issues. I used to be underweight when I was a vegetarian but now I'm 20 lbs overweight due to living in the "Chicken Capital of the World". Seriously.

TTC #1!
Swag with me!
robinology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #38
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay, so either my doctor or I was confused the other day. Because I mentioned the vision thing to him again, and he didn't know what I was talking about at first. He told me that can be a symptom of something else we were discussing - a problem with the pituitary gland. So scratch that, sorry for wrong information. I'm still taking Provera and just started Metformin, then he wants me to come back in two months. I'm really having a hard time dealing with this, because I was really hoping for a hormone imbalance or something easily fixable.

So, update:

Name: Jessica (age 22)
DH: Tyler (age 23)
TTC: since October 2011
State/Country: Minnesota
Special circumstances: Trying to gain weight, no cycles, no ovulation, PCOS
Meds/ supplements/ treatments: Prenatals, Provera, and Metformin
Old 07-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #39
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

CD#1. I was expecting it this month so no tears or anything this time. This cycle we'll be returning to normal TTC.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #40
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry you have PCOS. Did they confirm it with bloodwork or the exam? They only did bloodwork on me. She had talked about maybe an ultrasound on my ovaries but then never said anything again, so I'm not sure.

I'm on cycle day 13 and I'm spotting, which is very confusing. Plus my last period was very light, I just don't know. If you want to read more about it, I made a post about it in the TTC forum.