Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #51
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: July TTC #1 -No Children Mentioned-

I got the Spiderman diaper for my hubby he loves superhero/Marvel comics type stuff.

The Alva's shown above are regular OS. I just got 7 NB Alva's in the mail yesterday, they aren't shown in the photos above. I also have a few more NB Alva's in velcro coming at some point... I obviously don't have a baby, but they seem like good quality to me. I have some brand new bumgenius and without a baby I don't really see a HUGE difference in quality between the BG and Alvas. And I can like 5 Alvas (co op price) for the price of on BG 4.0. Maybe I'll feel differently when I have an actual baby, but we'll see! Plus the BG have succccch boring colors and I love all the cute prints and more colors that they have on Alvas and Sunbaby.

Only negative things I would say about the newborn is it's a little more fussy to stuff the pockets than on regular sized. Also they seem a little on the bigger size of newborn, I don't think they would fit tiny babies right from birth like 5 or 6 lbs. Also they don't have umbilical cord snap down, so they wouldn't be good right away, but they are a little bigger so I think they'd be great in-between super tiny newborn diapers and OS diapers. In a few of the coops I've been in, I've seen some super skinny/long 20lb babies in the newborns, but they looked a little on the tight side.

Jess - That caterpillar outfit is super cute!

I am currently on CD 9, Still bleeding. And my previous cycle was only 13 days. I have NO idea what is going on. This period has been very very heavy for me, (maybe it's more normal for other people), but I had to go out and buy non regular tampons. For me usually regular tampons were fine, using 2-3 max on heavy days. And normally I have like a 3 day max period, so this is all very very strange for me.

My previous cycle (the one that was 13 days) it was a light period even for me, and was about 3 days of actual bleeding and 1 or 2 of spotting, so length was normal for me..but maybe that wasn't an actual period, just some cycle bleeding? IDK I'm not sure what's going on at all, it's all really confusing.

Advertisement

Last edited by opheliaspins; 07-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.
opheliaspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #52
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

Got the new thread for August up.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #53
TwistedBranches
Registered Users
Formerly: MommaCrunch82
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaspins View Post
I don't think it's implantation bleeding. It seems like that is supposed to happen a week after ovulation and since I'm only at cycle day 13 it seems very unlikely.

Although who the heck knows!

And I finally got some pics of some of my baby stuff! I just got some alva's in the mail the other day from a co op so I thought I'd share. I'm still waiting on some more co op stuff too.

Most of the clothing I have bought is from Goodwill, 25 cent day. Please excuse the very busy quilt in the background. I have a few more clothing pieces that are MIA/in the car.

Boy Clothing

Girl Clothing

Only two pieces of clothing I've bought brand new, but on clearance.

My Diapers!
1: Top top row, NB size I've made, no soakers.
2: Top row 1 BG 4.0 from a trade, realllly well loved Rumparooz FFS (needs new elastic), last 4 NB diapers I've made.
3: Fleece soaker I made, Alva's.
4: Fleece soaker I made, Alva's.
5: Fleece pants I made, Alva, two Sunbabies, 2 BG 4.0 from a trade.

Woolies I've knitted. A black soaker also missing. And two more longies on the needles.

Also question, for those of you that buy clothing, either new or used (not stuff given to you) how do you decide what you buy? Boys or girls? Gender neutral. My hubby was making fun of me today because he was saying we aren't even pregnant and what if we don't even have a boy or a girl. lol I usually end up buying what I think is cute for 25 cents, but most of it ends up being girly because I love pink and hate blue. I also hate sports stuff, so it seriously limits the boy stuff I think is cute.
I love your stash! I do the same thing, and DH thinks I am crazy.

I'll upload photos of mine soon... things have been very busy here. I'll post an update later on and in the August thread, but I wanted to let you girls know I am not intending to be MIA on this thread!

Follow me on Pinterest! || Twisted Branches Woodburnings || TwistedBranches WAHM Thread
TwistedBranches is offline   Reply With Quote