Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I like to have all options. Especially since ods was 14 mos and a wild child when I had yds. I have considered not getting another bucket when we have baby #3, but it will depend on how wild the boys are when the time comes.

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: baby #3

I opted for a bucket for this 3rd baby. I have a great carrier, but over my dead body am I pulling an underdressed newb out of a convertible seat when it's 15 degrees with a biting wind and trying to fanagle a carrier under a coat/over a coat or hoping I get baby wrapped up without any exposed skin so I can walk 30 yards to the grocery store door. I'd rather pull bucket seat from car all covered with a cozy blanket, plop in cart, get good grip on my 2yo runner, then make my way into the store. Winter lasts too dang long here to even think about using a carrier. I'm sure it's possible, but it's not an option I care to explore this time.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm really torn on getting one when we have #4. we didn't use one with #3 and it worked just fine. But he was born mid-May so the cold wasn't a factor. He was also a dream sleeper, so he'd fall right back to sleep as soon as he was in the carrier. I guess it'll depend a lot on time of year for us.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never had a bucket and a base. I had one without a base that I would take out on select occasions but it was much easier to not have one. I actually found it easier to deal with the toddler when I could wear the baby then having to drag around a seat. If need be I could pick up the toddler which I could not do carrying a bucket around. I find buckets to be big and cumbersome when I have a toddler to deal with. All my kids were little in the winter and I don't find that really matters. I put the baby in a fleece bunting with fold over arms and feet and the kids in fleece coats with gloves and hats. Winter comes early in Alaska and lasts a long time. It takes me seconds to put baby up in a carrier. I either pretie a wrap or pop them up in a mei tai. It would take me longer to get a cart then push the cart with a seat in it through a snowy lot or to manage a heavy carrier. Plus I have a lot of groceries now and don't feel comfortable putting the seat on top.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 07-03-2012 at 04:40 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm expecting #3 and need a new carseat. We debated back and forth but in the end we decided to go with the bucket. Even if we only use it once or twice a week, that's still an option that we have available. Especially since he will be a newborn/young infant through the Fall and Winter. DD will be 2 and DS 5 when he's born and I just really need that flexibility. We're huge into BW and I will be doing that most of the time but there is no way I am going to go through that each and every time I need to drag both he and DD out of the car in the snow to walk DS into school. Or just running into the drugstore for a minute, getting them all quickly into the car in the rain etc.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

We started off in a convertible with DD2 and I hated it. She was born in December so I had to get her out in the freezing cold and get her into the Beco. And do that over and over for each place we went. It was just so annoying to not have the option to carry her into a restaurant or store in her bucket especially when you are dropping food on your baby constantly in restaurants. We bought an infant seat for her the minute we could afford it and didn't look back. We are baby wearers and don't always have her in the bucket like some people but it's been a real lifesaver especially when I'm alone with the 2 kids trying to buckle them both into RF convertibles. Infant seat is way easier to have. We still use it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 07-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were/are in the same situation. yds is 2 and just all over the place, and now having dd who is 6 weeks I always am wearing her,either in a moby or mei tai. It allows me to be able to care for yds and still have her on me. It is so nice.