Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Quick Help- Swollen Penis

Humm... now I'm wondering if it is yeast. I've been doing some research while he's napping and it doesn't sound like it. His penis is very swollen and slightly red, but there is NO rash. His penis doesn't look rashy and there aren't any spots or rashy areas anywhere on him. Could this still be yeast?

Advertisement

Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #22
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley'sMomma
Humm... now I'm wondering if it is yeast. I've been doing some research while he's napping and it doesn't sound like it. His penis is very swollen and slightly red, but there is NO rash. His penis doesn't look rashy and there aren't any spots or rashy areas anywhere on him. Could this still be yeast?
Yes.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpink22 View Post
Yes.
thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

UPDATE:

So the doctor finally called back today with the results of the culture. Turns out he didn't have yeast, he had a staph (and some other bacteria that I can't remember) infection. Great, so I was told to treat my baby with antifungals when he had a bacterial infection. They told me they called in a prescription for creams and antibiotics. Wait! He's all better! Within 48 hours he looked about normal... like nobody would think his penis was swollen except me. He still says it hurts about once a day, but I'm pretty sure it's just because we talked about it so much for a few days that it's on his mind.

So obviously we aren't going to treat him for the bacterial infection (that we just now found out about even though we brought him in a week ago). And we already stopped treating him for the "fungal infection" when naked time seemed to be all he needed.

I still have him in sposies. How long do you usually wait for an infection to clear before it's "safe" to use cloth again? The swelling has been down for 4 days, but the tip of his penis has a little clear fluid on it...I don't know if that's normal or not... but when he first had the infection it was white.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would still do some garlic oil on it at every change for a couple days. That should help kill any leftover bacteria on them. Glad to hear he's doing better!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #26
aldermother
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I posted before, on the previous page...we had the exact same issue..soaks in lavender water baths cleared everything right up.
We're a CDing (potty-learned), co-sleeping (bunk beds), extended BFing (weaned), baby-wearing (big boy-wearing), non-circing, Waldorf loving, tree-hugging, hand-me-downs-welcome Earth friendly family!
PT preschool teacher& FT Mama to my beautiful tree & our little growing sapling

Last edited by aldermother; 07-09-2012 at 11:55 PM.
aldermother is offline   Reply With Quote