Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Is it just MY son???

Quote:
Originally Posted by majomama View Post
Not a son but I have a little girl like this!! I know how you feel....ALL day! She doesn't take a break!!
this is us.

I have a girl and even the physical therapist who came to check her feet was just shocked at how she doesn't slow down. MIL came to visit and yesterday told me 'wow, I imagine you're exhausted - she doesn't stop!'.

It doesn't appear to be all kids, but it is quite a few

My friend has a little boy like this and he's almost 3 now and he will slow down sometimes. He loves to play in our sandbox and that's the only activity I've ever seen him spend that much time on.

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #22
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS2 is a super busy boy. He doesn't like to be dirty, but boy, can he make a mess!
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #23
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not my boy- he tends to be on the lazy side. But dd is. She talks in her sleep and I never know exactly what position I'll find her in the morning. She is never a kid- always pretending to be some animal. I picked her up from preschool and everybody else would look neat, not her. Her hair would be all wild, she'd have food all over her face and paint/ink/whatever on her hands and under her fingernails. Can't keep her fingernails clean for anything. 2 mins after she gets out of the tub and her knees and fingernails are already dirty. She stopped napping at 2 and only sleeps the bare min. that she should. If her body is still her mouth is going a mile a min. She NEVER stops talking.

My sil who likes everything nice, quiet and relaxed (and has her children pretty calm all the time- they hype up when they get around dd, because we don't try to stop the energy we just go with it) looks so completely overwhelmed after about 30 mins around dd.

Last edited by jbug_4; 07-03-2012 at 05:45 PM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #24
TakodasMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is exactly like that!!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #25
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

My DD is constantly moving. People are always commenting on it. One elderly lady at church calls her "perpetual motion" and says she is just like her daughter was at that age. She will SOMETIMES sit still for stories, but more often than not she is climbing on and off the couch or running around. She does listen, though! She just learns best while moving--definitely a kinesthetic learner like DH. I also joke she is a kinesthetic eater too because she eats best while running around.

While most toddlers her age are out of high chairs and cribs, my DD isn't. She would never sleep if not confined to a crib or stay at a table if not strapped into a high chair lol.

DD isn't messy, though. She generally likes to be clean.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #26
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

My friend has a little boy like that...he's just a constant blur of motion...he's almost 3.
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #27
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

My DD was like that from the get go! At 2.5 now, we thank Apple for inventing the iPad!!! DD poached my iPad will, good news, she'll sit play games, look at pictures, watch movies. Thank heavens for technology! It's amazing how easy it is for kids to use.

Oh, and, it's cracks me up to hear, "Mommy, I need my I-Pad. I need my Buzz & my Elmo." She navigates all the app to watches movies, like Toy Story.
HugeBabyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #28
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
haha that's my 4.5yo and why we have a trampoline in our living room
Mine is getting ready to turn 5. grandma had a trampoline in her living room she had just bought from a yard sale for someone. DD stayed on it for an hour. Now she wants one.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #29
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Finally had time to read this thread. DD2 is like this we call her tornado tukis. She is a running ball of energy. She is only calm first thing in the morning right before her morning nap. So from about 7am - 8am. Then it's all go after the nap.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #30
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

My youngest is like that. Even when he's eating he has to run all over, climb on me, harass his brother, etc. my oldest though will lay or sit still for a long time if he's engaged in something. Weird.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote