Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I keep wanting "just one more"...

I love being a mom. It's the first job I wanted as a kid. I used to "make" my barbies pregnant LONG before Mattel did!
I have 4 right now, Lord willing, we will be blessed with more.
I've never had that DONE feeling. I didn't have baby fever after #2 for a while, but after I got pregnant with #3, I m/c and then I NEEDED to get pregnant. After my son was born, I was literally planning the next birth the day I got home from the hospital. #4 is almost 5m now and we are open to more babies if that's in the Lord's plan for us. During the delivery, my midwife didn't make it because my labor was so fast, but while I was still getting checked out after her birth, my midwife came in and we literally had a conversation about the next baby! I was just meant to be a mom. and I make pretty babies!

Advertisement

trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

its going to be hard for me to not want another, but we are done. i have 4, and 2 step sons. my dh is totally done, i really wanted another. but i think its prob best to be done, but when i see little squishy nb's it makes me want to cry : (
Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
ijgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After #5 I was done. No more! But now I'm getting the fever. If we had another it would absolutely positively be our last because I will be 36 this year and my dh will be 40. It also limits where we can be stationed, AND we will have to get a bigger car, or always drive 2. So. I would love for #5 to have a playmate, but I have a feeling, as badly as I want it, it won't happen. It's sad and breaks my heart, but someone has to be the last one.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never feel done....I may feel content for a while when I have a new baby, but wanting another sweet blessing is always in the back of my mind...once the baby hits about 1-2 yrs old I really start craving another one! I LOVE my kids!! I have soooo much fun with them...and I make adorable babies...lol! I am open to having more babies till I hit menopause and can't! I am almost 36 so hopefully I will have at least a couple more!

Dh just told me today- " I sure do love them babies!" I loved hearing that!!
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was feeling pretty content (finally!) about this one being our last (#4), until I miscarried. I had a d&c today and it will be quite awhile before I am ready to try again, if we even do :'( I never thought I'd feel done.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:14 AM   #16
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worry about this... it's taken me years (and years and years, lol) to convince DH we can do 4, and suddenly we're pregnant with number 3 and I'm already having anxiety about being 'done'. Both my girls though (yes, even the 1yr old) told me we're having 5. Well actually they told grandma and grandpa (you should have seen the 3yr old arguing with me about it and then the one year old holding her little hand up and yelling 'FIVE!' it was precious).
DH has a cousin who recently had her 8th and while a part of me is so overwhelmed by the thought of parenting that many another part of me looks at the pictures of her snuggled up with all those beautiful babes and can't help but think it looks like heaven.
I think DH's feelings will play a big role in our being done. 4 really is stretching for him so unless he has a change of heart after #4 arrives we'll have to be done. Like I said, I'm already worried about how that's going to feel.
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #17
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac0226 View Post
I have a 7 week old and am already getting sad that she is growing too fast and that I will never be pregnant and have a newborn baby again. My first pregnancy was a singleton and I loved all the snuggle time, my second pregnancy I had twins and felt like I didn't get to enjoy them being babies because the needs were so constant with two babies that it made me want another. Then I got my "just one more" and I am loving the baby time. I love all my children and having a house full of chaos but logically I know I should be happy with what I have but I definitely can relate to the feeling of wanting one more. I had all boys until the 7 week old, so now I also think I wish I could give her a sister, as if there were any way to guarantee that. I have good pregnancies, my worst symptom was tiredness, easy vaginal births, and easy babies so I think that also contributes, if I had bad pregnancies, c-sections, and colicky babies I doubt I would be as longing to do it all again.
Yeah, I have a a not quite 6 week old and I already want at least the "just one more" I also would like another boy since I have 4 girls and only one son and he has twin sister.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #18
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

It took me a really long time to actually feel done. Once I found out I was expecting #7 I got this overwhelming feeling of content and done. I never thought I would ever feel that way. It was strange, but wonderful.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #19
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I truly love being a mom and feel it's my calling. I went to college and had a great GPA but I have NO desire to go back to school or start a career right now. I have years left to do that. Right now it's my joy and desire to be my kids' mom. We homeschool so that keeps my mind busy (researching curriculum, trying to keep my boy challenged, etc). I adore my kids. Today we were at the park and as we were leaving my 4 year old pointed to a cloud and said "Look! It looks like an arrow!". We all laid on the grass (even my 21 month old) and found all sorts of things in the clouds. A ship and anchor, a space ship, a heart... It was one of those blissful moments when you feel that it's all worth it and you know you're right where you're supposed to be. Both of my older kids want me to have more. They all love each other and they love babies. I'm not in my 30's yet so I have time and I'm very blessed to get pregnant easily, have uncomplicated pregnancies and births, and an easy time breastfeeding (all things that I consider important to factor in my decision). Both my Mom and Grandma have 4 kids and both of them say "I wish I'd had 10." I'm thinking I should just have 10 and avoid the regret.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #20
Honeybee1999
Registered Users

I struggle with this decision, too. I have two beautiful boys. My younger son is just two now, and baby fever is starting to creep in. I keep thinking I might want a third (it will be a while...we are living with my mom to save up for a house right now). But then I have days when they drive me crazy and then I think I am DONE. lol

I also think I might want to go back to work someday and have a career. And I'm also a horseperson and would like to pursue my personal riding goals, and there is also the dream of being a horse breeder one day...

But then I think of my two precious boys and everything else pales in comparison, and I wonder if someday I would regret not having more children. It's really tough to make that decision.