Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
NeilsRene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The Flip sale is everywhere, as it's a manufacturer sale Abby's Lane is my favorite retailer though. That sale is ongoing. She is having a different sale tomorrow, with $5 off a $50 purchase. That is what the prior poster is thinking of, I suspect. And the sunshine code isn't good on Flips.

Advertisement

NeilsRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
Memaw1
Registered Users

Re: Need your preferences

What about the gmd fitted prefolds? Will they work with any cover? Has anyone had any experience with them. I like the way they look, but that means nothing when it comes to performance.
Memaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Memaw1
Registered Users

I ordered some of the Flip diapers. Now...what kind of liner? I like the look the Green Mountain fitted prefolds, but how do they perform? Will they work with the Flip diapers?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

The GMD workhorse are great. I just got a shipment of them today for my August baby. I used them on my 2 year old as well and loved them. I only use them under wool or fleece so I don't know if the Flip would cover them though. But GMD regular prefolds are great to go in Flips too.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #15
nahrie
Registered Users

I really like gDiapers with flats pad folded in the pouch. Very trim!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
CuteMama
Registered Users

We have been using Gdiapers since my daughter was a week old... I think they are very cute and I like the fact that you can switch out the liner and reuse the cover. I have used both the refills (for long outings) and the gcloth at home. My daughter is a heavy wetter so I do notice that the covers do get wet sometimes and some time the legs of the cover get some staining. I also have some flips and I find those to be more absorbent we usually use the flips at night and the g's during the day. I find the g's breath better. However, saying that I am starting to try out fitted diapers with a cover and I recently bought a pocket Charlie Banana diaper to try. I like gdiapers as they look super cute on my daughter and they get the job done but I dont think I would have a full stash of g's.
CuteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
naomiomio
Registered Users
seller

I tried gdiapers. They were too finicky. I had to mess with it for several minutes and still got leg gap. It was annoying.
naomiomio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
Memaw1
Registered Users

I purchased 3 of the Flip diapers. Now, I need to know which diapers to put inside them. I looked at the GMD prefolds but want to make sure they will work with the Flip.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw1
I purchased 3 of the Flip diapers. Now, I need to know which diapers to put inside them. I looked at the GMD prefolds but want to make sure they will work with the Flip.
I would get some flats for the most versatility. She can use small flats for a long, long time (even on a nb, but she'll need a nb cover). Prefolds will vary based on which rise she is using. Our GMD yellow/edge fit pretty well on the medium rise but I'm not sure about the smallest and largest rises (GMD orange, then red, I would guess??)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #20
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw1
Oh, and good choice on the Flips. I have never tried gDiapers b/c I have heard of very, very few people who like them and got them to consistently work well for their baby over time. I think she'll be much more likely to do well with the Flips.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote