Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
Registered Users
Thank you for the kind words, wordbox! It seems like you have a great routine and a great balance. I can't wait to get to where you are!

MattiMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Registered Users
I use my computer calendar. I sat down and figured out what needed to be done every month, three months, six months, etc. then i set aside time to work on getting through the list, setting a reminder to repeat it every six months, or whatever.

I have a list of six things that need to get done weekly - some are quick, some take longer. Every day, depending on how much time I have, I pick one. The hard part is making myself DO the bigger ones when I have time to, rather than assuming I'll have time tomorrow.

I make my bed, throw a load of laundry in, then empty the dishwasher, all before breakfast - I wake up starving, so that's my incentive to get it done. I force myself to put up the laundry as soon as its done, otherwise it will be a nightmare.

Dishes go straight into the dishwasher, which gets run at night. Any thing I get out, I put up as soon as I'm done. A fifteen minute tidy before bed.

A year ago, I was well on my way to appearing in hoarders, having grown up in a house where things only got cleaned when company was coming (and even then, it tended to be stuffing things under beds). I'm getting better - it's easier to "maintain" I'm learning.

Good luck!
The time has come, my online friends, to talk of many things:
Of flats, and wool, and all in ones - of breastfeeding and slings-
And why our bed is cramped at night,
and the joy my children bring!
lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote