Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
emerino
Registered Users

My 5-1/2 mo old hasn't rolled over yet

She doesn't even try . Google tells me not to worry, but it's starting to bother me. Her legs are very strong, but she hardly even pushes up when on her tummy.

Please tell me your lo was like this and still developed normally. My other 2 babies were walking at 9 months, they weren't delayed at anything, so this just bothers me, yk?

I must say I am completely thankful for healthy babies. I'm just one of those people who, when things don't go as expected or things change, especially health-wise, I have to know why!

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: My 5-1/2 mo old hasn't rolled over yet

My oldest started sitting up at 5 1/2 months -- a good 3 weeks before he ever rolled over (in either direction). We used to joke that his wife was going to have to roll him over on their honeymoon.

He started walking at 13 months and he started talking late. But, when he did start talking, he started in paragraphs that were clearly ennunciated. He is now 11 and is completely on par at least with his peers and in fact has a high IQ and reads at a high school level.

And, I assure you, he rolls over just fine now. He has to do it for tackle football practice and he manages without my help.

I know it's hard not to worry, but I would try not to yet.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD didn't roll over until after 6 months. And then another 2 weeks or so until she could roll the other way.

She has been gross motor advanced ever since. Walking unassisted at 11months (didn't crawl until 9-10 months) and jumps with both feet off the ground at 20 months.

We put so much emphasis on the rolling over, but I don't think there's any reason for concern.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first three babies were all on target for everything for the most part, though the middle two only walked at 14 and 15 months (still completely in normal range, fyi). But my youngest did everything at the farthest side of normal that he could get. He didn't walk until 16 months. He didn't say more than 3 words until 18 months. They're all different!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are concerned, you can call your ped and talk to her.

The CDC recommends talking to your doc if the child isn't doing it by 6 months.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/m...tones-6mo.html
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Neither of my girls had rolled over by this age. I was not a bit worried, but I have never been one to worry about "milestones." I don't believe in them. They are just averages and my children are special. Anyway all of my kids eventually rolled over, crawled, walked, and now I can't slow them down.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My first didn't move an inch until 11 months, he sat early (5 months) but didn't roll or crawl until almost 1 year. I had no idea how easy I had it, my other 2 were on the go much earlier!

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

My now 14 month old crawled (at 8-9 mo) before she rolled before that she rolled from tummy to back like 5 times maybe. But she walked at 11 ish mo and is now trying to jump!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My oldest had no interest in rolling, and just didn't do it. I can count on one hand the number of times he rolled over before he was one. He didn't sit up on his own until 8 months, crawl at 11 months, and walk until 15 months. I think some kids just do things at their own pace. If you're concerned, I would go ahead and mention to your pedi, but I would give it more time.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD didn't roll until after 5 months... a week later she was pulling herself up, a week or two after that she started crawling, and now at 7 months she's started taking steps. Don't worry, mama!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote