Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
newmommy929
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No-circ site question...

Ok so I know there is a sticky for no-circ'ing. I had looked at it at one point and found a site that I wanted to show my husband. But now I can't seem to find it. I had pictures of circed and intact penis'. It talked about the harm a circ'd penis does to a female and male. The benefits of an intact penis to male and female. Does any of that ring a bell?

After reading that stuff...it really got me to thinking. I regret getting my boys circed...and really wish I could take it back, but I can not. I really wish that the skin left would re-adhere to the heads of their penis'. I know that has happened before, but I am guessing when the child was still a baby. I have 3 boys and regret it with all of them. I didn't want to get my 2nd and 3rd boys circed...but their dad was insistent upon it even though I had reservations. I am a nurse and I work with babies and help with circs amd I cringe everytime I help with one. I know that I can't put the foreskin back on my boys and what is done is done. So I guess I am just ranting...sorry...I just feel horribly guilty.

so my next question for you is...have any of you circed some of your boys and not others after you learned better? If so...how many are circed and how many are not. I really wanna have more kids...and there is a GOOD chance it will be another boy (I have 3 already all whom are circed)...I really wouldn't care if I had another boy...but I am just dreading the whole circ issue...because I know what DH would say...just wanted to see what you all would say! Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: No-circ site question...

I don't know th link and both my boys are intact.

My mother however had 3 boys. After witnessing her second sons circ she swore it would never be done to another son of hers. My youngest brother is intact. Out of the three boys it is one of the circed ones who wondered why he looked different. His circ was botched.

None of my mothers grandsons are circed.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure which site you are looking for. It could be DOC or NORM maybe? Dh and I just watched a documentary on the man who started NORM.

My oldest is circ'd, my youngest isn't. It is a long story but it has not been a big deal at all. They don't even notice at all despite being naked a good deal of the time (little nudists). Dh was on board when I told him I didn't want to do it and after watching the Penn and Teller BS episode on circumcision he has become very vocal about it.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
My oldest is circ'd my younger 2 aren't. It's not a big deal at all.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
newmommy929
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I tried finding those sites that I was looking for and couldn't...DANG IT!!! I wish I would have just sent them to my husband when I was thinking about it. Crud...well, does anyone know where I could find info and/or pictures on the damage that a man can have from being circumcised (ie.damage that it does to the glans of the penis from not having the gliding action, etc.), and also the same information for what and how a circumcised penis cause damage/pain to the female. Also, looking for information on the benefits of an intact penis on both of the male and female.

Man, I wish I would have sent that to him right away and now I regret it. I am REALLY regretting circ'ing my 3 boys. I wish I could take it back, but my DH was not having it..he was like "it is cosmetic, it looks better." I told him, "my point exactly, it is COSMETIC...not need and not a medical necessity." I then asked him, if we ever had a daughter if he would allow her to get a nose job/breast implants and what do you think he said, but NO. Then why do this....argh. I told him one vagina does not look the same as the next, same with a penis...I am so mad at myself for doing this to my poor boys. Was reading about how you can stretch the skin on the shaft of the penis and tape it and then keep stretching and taping it and some have had good luck with that and getting back to as much as a "normal" state as possible. But how in the world would I be able to do that to my 4 year old and what would I explain to him. Plus he would go and tell his dad. I am just mad at myself...sorry for the vent again.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
crunch!910
Registered Users

I have two boys. My oldest is regrettably circed, my baby is intact. During a diaper change, my 2.5 year old immediately recognized his "pee pee". He hasn't said 1 thing about his penis looking different from his brothers. IF or when that question comes up, I will be absolutely honest in an age appropriate way. One day when he's old enough, he'll fully understand it was wrong for us to do, he will hear our apology and I bet he will become an intactivist - I hope all our children are!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy929 View Post
Was reading about how you can stretch the skin on the shaft of the penis and tape it and then keep stretching and taping it and some have had good luck with that and getting back to as much as a "normal" state as possible. But how in the world would I be able to do that to my 4 year old and what would I explain to him. Plus he would go and tell his dad. I am just mad at myself...sorry for the vent again.
You absolutely cannot do foreskin restoration on a child. It's for an adult to choose to do. Honestly, your boys will probably not care, really. I wish I could take it back, too, but at this point the only thing I can do is apologize when he's old enough to understand.

DS1 is circ'd, DS2 is intact, and DS1 doesn't even see a difference. He has always been more concerned that I don't have one!

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
crunch!910
Registered Users

Can't do restoration on a small child, but my oldest will know there is such a thing as restoration and when he is old enough (probably 15-18yo??) his father will present him with the idea of restoration and that if he wants to, we'll pay for it. Other than that and offering our most sincere apology, that's the only thing we can do to make up for mutilating him as a baby. If only I could turn back time.

Here is a gallery of botched circs.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Botched1.html

Intact or Circumcised: A Significant Difference in the Adult Penis
http://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intac...gnificant.html
Old 07-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910
Can't do restoration on a small child, but my oldest will know there is such a thing as restoration and when he is old enough (probably 15-18yo??) his father will present him with the idea of restoration and that if he wants to, we'll pay for it. Other than that and offering our most sincere apology, that's the only thing we can do to make up for mutilating him as a baby. If only I could turn back time.

Here is a gallery of botched circs.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Botched1.html

Intact or Circumcised: A Significant Difference in the Adult Penis
http://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intact-or-circumcised-significant.html
The botched site angers me for several reasons. Yes the medical "professionals" messed up. But where were the parents and other doctors all along. Letting an infant become that sick and infected seems almost negligent on the parents and hospitals part. I don't know about anyone else but I felt like I was constantly checking my babies from head to toe for any issues. I cannot believe some of these went to this extreme. I know this is off the topic of the thread, but many of these situations could have been avoided with a bit more care from the parents. Again - I realize the ultimate issue was the circumcision, but this is extreme and did not need to become this catastrophic.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
newmommy929
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok...I am sorry...please no more flames...I didn't realize that. I wanna have more babies...but I DON'T wanna worry about the whole circ part of it if it is another boy....which there is a high likelyhood it will be. Because I know my DH will want it done...that is the only thing I am scared/worried about with having another child...